Page 139 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    True, FP. He probably was at the beginning when he first joined, but probably not today. But of course their are some fans who still don't like Steuart and some people will always compare Steuart with Don F. I just don't think that will ever go away. Look what happened in Michigan. I still don't know why he would say that at Don's show.
    At a Don Henley show, where no Eagles songs at all were played, it is even more ridiculous to carry on about Felder, as Soda said.

The Michigan incident is precisely what we are discussing.

Glenn had to deal with a heckler at the AH Melbourne show I attended. He warned the guy he would be thrown out & that shut him up.

Don will be honoring Sam Moore next Saturday. This is something I would had loved to see.

I wonder what Don will sing. He could sing Don singing Soul Man, Hold on I’m Coming, or When Something is Wrong with My Baby.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/11/07...-november-21st

Here's a phone interview Don did for WMMR in Philadelphia. He answered some good questions. He brings up his daughter is on tour doing his make up, getting dressing room ready and etc. He says she's having fun.

Also loved the story about his old famous boots he wears all the time. He's been wearing those boots for 40 years. Yikes!!! It was cool to know he's had a piece of clothing since the 70s and still in good shape other than it being stitch back together in some places.

http://wmmr.com/episodes/don-henley-interview-11-11-15/
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-15-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks for those links!

I find the work boots thing so charmingly sentimental. Love it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I love the work boot story. I am surprised they are the exact same ones for all these years though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for those links!

I find the work boots thing so charmingly sentimental. Love it.

Me too - Don is really very sentimental about his roots and family. His so-called haughtiness and arrogance is just misinterpreted by people who are not die-hard fans. Underneath it all, he's really still a shy country-boy at heart who has a good soul.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I love the work boot story as well, just shows his softer side!! So Don, what ya gonna do with those boots ??

It would be so cool if he gave them to the Rock 'n Roll hall of fame, but I'd say they would end up in his mothers house on the shelf beside his Grammys - there is no way he's letting go of those boots!!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Cass County is on UCR's Album of the year 2015 list - think it needs a few more votes to get it of the bottom though !!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2015-...otogallery-1=2
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

I saw pictures/photos from Eva Longoria mentioning a girlfriend's bachelorette party this weekend. Isn't she close friends with Don's daughter? Wonder if she is the friend.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I saw pictures/photos from Eva Longoria mentioning a girlfriend's bachelorette party this weekend. Isn't she close friends with Don's daughter? Wonder if she is the friend.
    I saw her as well jms - I think it must be Don's daughter's as he said she was getting married New Year's Eve.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...