Page 143 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I was going to ask what were the questions, but what I realy want to know is what wasn't asked! Did they avoid Felder, tales of drugs and groupies and his relationship with Glenn?

Don brought Felder twice, but to talk about Hotel California and RRHOF. He was about Don F and their wasn't an out there question that don would be mad to say something mean about Don F.

Howard bring up does Don love Glenn. Of course Don say as a brother. You will love him or hate him.

Drugs asked a few times. Don tells Howard he didn't go to any program to get off of drugs or alcohol.

Howard was on his best behavior with Don which made me very shocked.

Howard was very respectful of Don & very professional. Great interview!
    Don sang, Desperado, Boys of Summer, Cost of Living from new album
    Stuart Smith & Will Hollis were with him & rest of band

Asked briefly about Stevie, but he didn't say much & Howard didn't press the issue. Just said very hard for 2 musicians to have a relationship. Also asked if he had a crush on Linda Ronstadt, & he said they kept things professional.

Other tidbits: Colitas comes from his road manager & means "little buds"
    Also said Hotel California was their best album.
    On tour he does no drinking & talks very little, even on the phone, to save his voice.

Oh also sang Please Come Home for Christmas

Please. I'm going by what I remembered. I was trying to work, listen and type at the same. The interview is probably be up later today. Yesterday's show is up on YouTube.

Don's band was there in the studio.

Don brings up his childhood and how he got started playing drums.

Don told him the story about recording of Desperado and orchestra were playing chess between takes. He didn't like how Desperado came out. Howard wanted Don to sing Desperado the way it should be sung. He sang Desperado. He was a little hoarse, but still good. Don didn't sound bad singing Desperado early in the morning.

Howard would play short clips of Best of My Love, Tequila Sunrise, One Of These Nights and Take It Easy, Dirty Laundry, Hotel California, and Witchy Woman. Don would say something about each song.

Howard say something like did you throw your solo success in Glenn's face. Ha ha I don't need you or something like(I can't remember what he actually said) He didn't do that. Both he and Glenn were popular back then. Don said Glenn came to a few of his concerts I guess in the 80s. He didn't say when.

Don tells the story about Witchy Woman. It was about his a former girlfriend's sister name Patty who was a witch.

Don sings the Storytellers version of The Boys Of Summer.

Don also sang Please Come Home For Christmas, The Cost of Living.

Don brings up he was just nominated for a Grammy yesterday. Don said he was not going to the Grammys. I don't blame him. You're only nominated for one award and there's a chance you won't win. Plus he said the award he was nominated for was not being televised.

Don talks Linda and him playing in her band before they started the Eagles.

Don talks about Stevie after Howard brought her up. He was being funny. I forgot what he said. I remembered something if htey were together. Don would wake up, go downstairs and says, "Baby. I've written a song." or something like that.

Don brings up he didn't want to marry another musician and how it wouldn't work. He brings up Blake and Miranda.

He brings up the story of Dolly's recording When I Stopped Dreaming and making the video.

That's all I can remember. I will post the interview once it pops up on YouTube.

I was surprised that Howard didn't ask anything about the groupies. Don said he stopped doing drugs when he was getting married & going to have kids. Said he just did alcohol & coke. He just stopped on his own. Wanted his kids to be healthy.

Said HOF induction was fine & no animosity with former members of the band.
    Little mention about Don Felder, just about Hotel California & about he & Joe working off each other on guitar.
    He said he likes to fish & garden & make breakfast for his kids when he's home

Here's the transcript from Don's interview with Howard Stern this morning. I will post the video once it pops up on Youtube.

You have to scroll down to Don Henley visit, 12/8/15, 8;50am.

http://marksfriggin.com/news15/12-7.htm#tue

Here's another article too. Kinda a recap of the interview.
    http://emptylighthouse.com/don-henle...how-1938700254

I found the show clip on Youtube, but the person who posted it either stretched the clip or slowed it down. It doesn't sound too good. The clip makes Don sound very deep and the songs he sing sounds slowed down a little.

I might not post it. I'm going to wait until a better version pops up.

Thanks for this info - sounds like a great interview overall (although I could do without the Glenn digs).

I too was shocked that Cass County didn't get more Grammy nominations.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

A nice, cordial interview. Clearly, parameters were set before the interview but they were able to talk without it becoming awkward. I thought Don stood up for Glenn fairly well and would have said more if he hadn't been interupted. He also proved that he could say "Felder" without saying anything negative. I didn't learn much new, but I'm glad I listened.

ETA: Even Don Henley doesn't remember that NKIT was the first hit from the HC album.