Page 161 of 195 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I thought this was a cute little story, indulge me if you will. The first baby born in 2017 in Randy's hometown of Scottsbluff, Nebraska was named after Don Henley. The parents, Eagles fans, explained they're actually more partial to Randy Meisner but didn't think Randy or Meisner is a suitable name for a girl

So welcome to the world, baby Henley http://www.starherald.com/news/local...a86305103.html

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Aww that's so sweet!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Henley is a lovely name, but I think Randi is a cute name for a girl too! Oh well, keeping it in the Eagles family nevertheless.

I agree with you NMB, they could have done Randi.

Stuck on the Border

I am sorry but Henley is not a girl's name. It's not a first name. Please excuse me; I loathe surnames being used as first names (one example being Taylor Frey, to prove my objectivity on this). What about Randy Crawford who is female (to be fair the parents probably hadn't heard of her), or Randi or Donna?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Randi totally could've worked as well. Mandy/Mandi is usually a nickname for my name if not used as a first name on it's own (including as a male name), so it's very similar.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, really, I'm surprised they didn't use Randi or Randy. I have two nieces named Randi.

I do like Henley too though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I thought this was a cute little story, indulge me if you will. The first baby born in 2017 in Randy's hometown of Scottsbluff, Nebraska was named after Don Henley. The parents, Eagles fans, explained they're actually more partial to Randy Meisner but didn't think Randy or Meisner is a suitable name for a girl

So welcome to the world, baby Henley http://www.starherald.com/news/local...a86305103.html
    Definitely a cute story--I wonder if Don knows about it. Count me in among those that prefer "Randi" though.

Stuck on the Border

Over here, Randy isn't a suitable name for a boy, either. I'm not sure if there's an american equivalent - perhaps "Horny"?

Yes, one of your comedians did a bit about that. He checked in at an American hotel and his concierge said, "Hello, I'm Randy" which took the Brit aback.

It's probably a standard joke, right? I'm sure more than one comedian (as recently as Rowan Atkinson) has claimed on a chat show that their first time in America, they walked up to a policeman and asked, "Where can I get some fags?" and the policeman is aghast - har dee har har.