Page 176 of 195 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Yes! What a beautiful tribute and an awesome gift to present and future Angelenos (and folks like me who just love to visit).

Another article about it:

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/26...laurel-canyon/

Thanks NMB,enjoyed the article!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Here's a video from CBS This Morning that talks about . Some nice pictures shown. Stop the video at 1:50. You get to see the whole letter.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.c...land-purchase/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border

Hi everybody! I am new this message board Not to talk about old news but I came across a book that was written by a former model named, Lorelei Shellist. It's called Runway Runaway. (She dated Don in the 70's). I didn't read the entire book, I only read the preview. In that, I came to find out that right after Lorelei and Don broke up, he started seeing a girl from Texas. I think this was around 1974 - 1975.
    It's common knowledge among Henley fans that Don has an older daughter named Brittany who was born in 1975 (birthdate according to IMDB). This is just my own personal view; 'I' think Brittany was born from his relationship with the Texas girl (nobody knows anything about Brittany's mom and maybe that was her choice).

This is me just connecting the dots. I could be totally wrong about this and maybe it's whole different story.
    Well, there's not much known about Brittany either, only that Don and Brittany came to know each other when she reached adulthood.
    Also I read in a concert review that, when introducing the song 'That Old Flame,' from his Cass County album, Don said something along the lines of "the internet has a dark side and so many people claim that their children are by him and that it was only true once." (referring to Brittany I think). That statement kinda makes me sad.

What really matters in the end is that it's all behind him now and in the past. I am sure Don loves his daughter and surely Brittany loves her dad.
    By the way, I only wrote this out of curiosity and because I am die-hard Henley fan. I am completely aware that he wishes to keep his personal life to himself and that's perfectly fine.
    I sincerely hope that he writes his autobiography one day. Wouldn't that be great! I think it's fair to say that all of us Henley/Eagles fans around the world would love love love to read it
    Maybe we should start writing letters encouraging him to write one.

I would love to read an autobiography by Don Henley. He's a talented wordsmith and he has no shortage of stories to tell. The only problem is that he won't be able to keep his personal life out of it, not if he truly wants to write an effective autobiography.

An autobiography where the author refuses to open up and expose any vulnerability or heart and soul, one where he does nothing but talk about his professional achievements and leaves out the personal, is nothing more than a glorified press release.

He'll also have to include the darkness as well as the light if he wants to make it work, and I think he'll struggle with that as well. Most people do. Whitewashing the past is deadly in a book and comes off as someone trying to project a false, sanitized image of himself for the purposes of self-glorification rather than an honest picture that communicates his essence... and that's what a good autobiography should do. The reader should be able to extrapolate from it a fundamental truth about what makes Don Henley tick.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I would love to read an autobiography by Don Henley. He's a talented wordsmith and he has no shortage of stories to tell. The only problem is that he won't be able to keep his personal life out of it, not if he truly wants to write an effective autobiography.

An autobiography where the author refuses to open up and expose any vulnerability or heart and soul, one where he does nothing but talk about his professional achievements and leaves out the personal, is nothing more than a glorified press release.

He'll also have to include the darkness as well as the light if he wants to make it work, and I think he'll struggle with that as well. Most people do. Whitewashing the past is deadly in a book and comes off as someone trying to project a false, sanitized image of himself for the purposes of self-glorification rather than an honest picture that communicates his essence... and that's what a good autobiography should do. The reader should be able to extrapolate from it a fundamental truth about what makes Don Henley tick.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best.
    Well said Soda, and I agree. I can never see Don writing an autobiography that deals with both the "dark and
    light " sides of his life. I just can't see him discussing the events of Nov. 1980 and his dating relationship with the 16 year-old (sorry I forget her name right now it's Fri.) . Remember the shit fit he threw with Eliot after he cooperated on the re-issue of TTL. He tried his hardest to keep the book from being published and when that was unsuccessful, from selling. Also, JMHO, but how can he honestly discuss his relationship with Glenn when it has been Glenn's son who has enabled this version of the Eagles go on. I would agree that an autobiography would be really interesting but I'm just not holding my breath on it happening.

Stevie Nicks once said she's write her autobiography when her ex-lovers were either dead or widowers, because apparently she had a lot of affairs with married men and didn't want to get them in trouble! LOL!

On the other hand, I think people whose parents were in the industry are probably aware of what went down. I don't think Felder's kids were shocked to read that their dad did groupies.

Don talking about conflicts with Glenn isn't going to horrify anyone, but it would mean that he'd have to be more honest about the complexity of what has been presented, even to a degree in HOTE, in a pretty simplistic way. I think there was a power struggle there that nobody likes to talk about. It seems to me that they danced around each other a lot, that there were frustrations, insecurities, and competitiveness they couldn't express in words but that came out in other ways. Glenn's anger at Don being late during the initial '93 get together wasn't just about Don making people wait, for instance. It was about - to him - Don saying "I'm a big enough star where I don't need to be on time." And Don promising to be on time was a concession to please Glenn but how did Don feel a bout making that concession? Was he cool with it, or did he resent it? Did he feel he had messed up, or did he think Glenn was overreacting because he was insecure and needed to reassert himself? There's so much that can be talked about with those two.

On the other hand, I can't see Don ever talking about "the incident." I don't think he's ever come to terms with what happened that night and he desperately wants to pretend it never happened. If he ever did, what it would reveal about him would be fascinating, though. How does a man deal with something like that? The horror of the moment, then the panic, the fear, the guilt, the humiliation, and finally the anger... How does it change him? What does it teach him?

He doesn't have to talk about "the incident" to give us insight into his darker side, though. He could go dark without going ALL the way. What he has to do is let us see enough to get a true picture.

Stuck on the Border

Stevie Nicks once said she's write her autobiography when her ex-lovers were either dead or widowers, because apparently she had a lot of affairs with married men and didn't want to get them in trouble! LOL!

On the other hand, I think people whose parents were in the industry are probably aware of what went down. I don't think Felder's kids were shocked to read that their dad did groupies.

Don talking about conflicts with Glenn isn't going to horrify anyone, but it would mean that he'd have to be more honest about the complexity of what has been presented, even to a degree in HOTE, in a pretty simplistic way. I think there was a power struggle there that nobody likes to talk about. It seems to me that they danced around each other a lot, that there were frustrations, insecurities, and competitiveness they couldn't express in words but that came out in other ways. Glenn's anger at Don being late wasn't just about Don making people wait, for instance. It was about - to him - Don saying "I'm a big enough star where I don't need to be on time." And Don promising to be on time was a concession to please Glenn but how did Don feel a bout making that concession? Was he cool with it, or did he resent it? Did he feel he had messed up, or did he think Glenn was overreacting because he was insecure and needed to reassert himself? There's so much that can be talked about with those two.

On the other hand, I can't see Don ever talking about "the incident." I don't think he's ever come to terms with what happened that night and he desperately wants to pretend it never happened. If he ever did, what it would reveal about him would be fascinating, though. How does a man deal with something like that? The horror of the moment, then the panic, the fear, the humiliation, and finally the anger... How does it change him? What does it teach him?

He doesn't have to talk about "the incident" to give us insight into his darker side, though. He could go dark without going ALL the way. What he has to do is let us see enough to get a true picture.
    Soda - I agree. His relationship with Glenn, the power struggle between the two, Glenn probably realizing he gave up too much, including vocals, that once close friendship broken, is something I think we would all love to hear about. In the re-issue of TTL, he came of as sounding down right nasty and mean when talking about Glenn. And, we can't forget the comment about Glenn's surgery at that time.
    The Stevie comment cracks me up ! I guess that means we will never see that autobiography from her.

EDIT : I do have to add that I hate when people are 2-3 hours late like Don usually was. I would be fuming. I have two sisters who can never be on time. One has gotten much better and the other still keeps us waiting and waiting.

Border Rebel

Don talking about conflicts with Glenn isn't going to horrify anyone, but it would mean that he'd have to be more honest about the complexity of what has been presented, even to a degree in HOTE, in a pretty simplistic way. I think there was a power struggle there that nobody likes to talk about. It seems to me that they danced around each other a lot, that there were frustrations, insecurities, and competitiveness they couldn't express in words but that came out in other ways. Glenn's anger at Don being late during the initial '93 get together wasn't just about Don making people wait, for instance. It was about - to him - Don saying "I'm a big enough star where I don't need to be on time." And Don promising to be on time was a concession to please Glenn but how did Don feel a bout making that concession? Was he cool with it, or did he resent it? Did he feel he had messed up, or did he think Glenn was overreacting because he was insecure and needed to reassert himself? There's so much that can be talked about with those two.

On the other hand, I can't see Don ever talking about "the incident." I don't think he's ever come to terms with what happened that night and he desperately wants to pretend it never happened. If he ever did, what it would reveal about him would be fascinating, though. How does a man deal with something like that? The horror of the moment, then the panic, the fear, the guilt, the humiliation, and finally the anger... How does it change him? What does it teach him?

Just because Don hasn't talked about it publicly doesn't mean he's never dealt with it. How can you possibly have any idea whether he thinks about it now or has come to terms with it? We have absolutely no way of knowing that, and if he had come to terms with it, the only people who would (and should) know are the people closest to him. If I had a horrible episode in the past, the last thing I'd want to do would be discuss it with the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Just because Don hasn't talked about it publicly doesn't mean he's never dealt with it. How can you possibly have any idea whether he thinks about it now or has come to terms with it? We have absolutely no way of knowing that,and if he had come to terms with it, the only people who would (and should) know are the people closest to him.
    That's true. I can't know how he feels. I was simply speculating. That's why I said "I don't think he's ever come to terms with what happened" - the words "I don't think" were meant to indicate that it was only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    If I had a horrible episode in the past, the last thing I'd want to do would be discuss it with the general public.
    Quite understandable. However, if you read autobiographies, you will find that actually it is quite common for people to include horrible episodes from their past in them, and to share how they dealt with those traumas.

That said, I do not expect Don Henley to do so. I think - though of course I have no way of knowing - he might feel the same way you do about it.