Page 177 of 195 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Border Rebel

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That's true. I can't know how he feels. I was simply speculating. That's why I said "I don't think he's ever come to terms with what happened" - the words "I don't think" were meant to indicate that it was only my opinion.

Quite understandable. However, if you read autobiographies, you will find that actually it is quite common for people to include horrible episodes from their past in them, and to share how they dealt with those traumas.

That said, I do not expect Don Henley to do so. I think - though of course I have no way of knowing - he might feel the same way you do about it.
    I understand what the words "I don't think" mean. I just wondered why you would think that, given that we know nothing about his feelings. I'm sorry. I'm really not trying to be difficult, but I (obviously) have a problem with people ascribing feelings/motivations to people we don't know personally at all. Hence, my comments on the Cindy Frey lawsuit thread. I have nothing against Cindy at all. I just have no way of knowing what her motivations are, other than wanting to believe they're coming from a good place. Anyway, that's off topic.

I agree that authors, especially celebrities, often discuss traumatic experiences from their past when writing their autobiographies. It certainly helps sell their books! Given the fact that Don's never spoken or written publicly on the matter, and also given the lyrics of Dirty Laundry, my guess is the same as yours -- that he won't address it. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise us all. Sometimes writing about an incident like that can be cathartic. (Although, he can write about it and still not have it published.)

If he doesn't write about it, though, I agree with you that, in order to make the book a success, he'd have to address other things in it that he's so far remained fairly quiet about, such as his relationship with Glenn over the years.

I guess we shall see, if it ever does come to pass!

Warning, this is a bit over the top ... pun intended.

http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/hou...memoir-6367783

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's about all I can say, Dawn!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow, Dawn!!!

LOL! I don't think that will make his autobiography either!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

My goodness, he was a young single man. I am sure the author was duly compensated for her services. There was zero need to name names 40+ years later except to get press notice & sell more books.

Been awhile folks...hellos again.

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    My goodness, he was a young single man. I am sure the author was duly compensated for her services. There was zero need to name names 40+ years later except to get press notice & sell more books.

Been awhile folks...hellos again.
    Well, she wouldn't be the first or the last to name names, that's for sure. As for being "duly compensated" for her services I don't know how you or anyone else for that matter could know for "sure" whether she was or wasn't. Guess we will just have to read the book.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Don mention in this article. I want to see this documentary that Niall is talking about.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyl...38409845535214

The Eagles are his favourite band — he’s befriended Don Henley through meeting the rocker’s daughter Annabel. “I’m like the family’s adopted son,” Horan jokes.

Henley did an interview for an Apple documentary on Flicker.

“He hardly ever does interviews. For him to say yes to doing an interview for me was good enough. He could have done the worst interview of all time and I wouldn’t have given a sh--! Don agreed to do that for me.” Both men have discussed writing songs together — Horan is hoping his next visit to Henley in Texas may bear musical fruit.

“Imagine that. There would be nothing better than to be sitting in a room with my guitar in my hand with Don Henley, writing a song together. I’d probably forget how to play guitar. Just to have a jam with him would be enough, but imagine being on a song with Don Henley. That’s the dream.”

Horan says seeing Henley and his email buddy Elton John still passionate about music after decades in the game is inspiring.

“They could easily just concentrate on their own fortune and legacy, but they still have time to help younger acts,” he says. “It’s incredible. What I’ve noticed over the years, and I keep this in my head all the time, is that the bigger the star the nicer they are. From Johnny Depp to Ellen DeGeneres to the Obamas to Don Henley and Elton — they are all so lovely. It’s always the smaller people who are the biggest dickheads.”

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Thanks for sharing that, Shun. What an awesome tribute to Don!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks from me too, shun. Nice!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016