Page 185 of 195 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Looks like Don played a birthday party this past Sunday.

https://theblast.com/c/dana-white-bi...fani-las-vegas

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I’m kind of surprised Don is still doing these type of gigs but maybe Mr. White is a close personal friend.

Shouldnt he be working on that HC Broadway show and/or his memoirs?

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Well the Eagles did play "private concert" for a guy's birthday in 2015 which was Glenn's last show with the guys. He might had known this guy.

He probably still do parties and corporate concerts. Some we find out about and some we don't.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I'm not surprised. It's easy cash! Play a few tunes and make wads of dough. Probably get a lot of side perks, too. Only corporations and the obscenely wealthy can afford such concerts, of course.

If you've got the money, honey, he's got the time. And hey, I'd do the same if I were him!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ITA, Soda.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm not surprised. It's easy cash! Play a few tunes and make wads of dough. Probably get a lot of side perks, too. Only corporations and the obscenely wealthy can afford such concerts, of course.

If you've got the money, honey, he's got the time. And hey, I'd do the same if I were him!
    Yeah, I mean I could say that's just another way to grab more $ (which it always is when it comes to Henley), but yeah if you've got the money, if I was Don, I would still be playing private parties and corporate functions. Why not? I can't fault him with this one. If I had the cash, I'd probably hire his solo band for one of my parties, lol. So yeah - can't say I blame him this time. I think I'd take the opportunity myself.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

If I had the money, I would call Don too and maybe a few others.

Anyway. The Eagles have been playing private events (and birthdays) for many many years either as a solo artist or as a group. This is nothing new.

This is not the first time Don or even the Eagles played for somebody's birthday or a private function. Don and Joe played a Bar Mitzvah (sp?). Heck the Eagles did a concert a day before Prince Albert's wedding. Half of the time we don't even know about these private events until it pops up on social media. I don't know what's the difference of Don doing this now and the many years they've been doing this as a group or solo. I just don't get it.

I know I sometimes wish I was at those private shows different corporation do for their employees. We all probably wish we had a famous singer play at a party.

Don might know the guy, but than again. I don't see Don as a UFC fan, but who knows.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-01-2019 at 09:06 AM.

There are YouTube videos from the audience where Glenn and Joe played a realtor convention (I think that's what it was). Actually, singers and bands do this a lot, much more than people realize, I'm sure.

I remembered those videos from that realtor convention.

This is nothing new when artist play for private functions and birthday parties. I'm just scratching my head as to why this is being such a big deal with Don doing it when he's been doing this for years. I'm just confuse.

If he wants to do this or continue to do this when he's not touring, that's his right and every other artists right who do this on their down time. Money or not. IMO I think its cool you get a famous artist to play at your function or parties. You don't have to ask for that artist. It could be anyone.

Like I said. If I had the money, I would ask for Don or any of my favorite artist to play my birthday party. I have a 40th birthday coming up next year. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I remembered those videos from that realtor convention.

This is nothing new when artist play for private functions and birthday parties. I'm just scratching my head as to why this is being such a big deal with Don doing it when he's been doing this for years. I'm just confuse.

If he wants to do this or continue to do this when he's not touring, that's his right and every other artists right who do this on their down time. Money or not. IMO I think its cool you get a famous artist to play at your function or parties. You don't have to ask for that artist. It could be anyone.

Like I said. If I had the money, I would ask for Don or any of my favorite artist to play my birthday party. I have a 40th birthday coming up next year. LOL
    Imagine having the kind of money to be able to have the Eagles or your favorite Eagle play your birthday party! Oh my gosh!

Yeah, this is nothing new, but it's fun to dream!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten