Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186
Results 1,851 to 1,853 of 1853

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Imagine having the kind of money to be able to have the Eagles or your favorite Eagle play your birthday party! Oh my gosh!

Yeah, this is nothing new, but it's fun to dream!
    Oh my, my! What a dream that would be!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - Just to clarify, I see nothing wrong with Don or any of the guys playing for these kinds of events and making money for it. If people want to fork out money to hire entertainers for private events, then go for it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow.

Let’s back up the truck a minute. This is what I posted earlier in the thread, emphasis added.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I’m kind of surprised Don is still doing these type of gigs but maybe Mr. White is a close personal friend.

Shouldnt he be working on that HC Broadway show and/or his memoirs?
    Nowhere in my comment did I say there was anything wrong with Don playing a private gig. How anyone could have read it that way is puzzling to me, especially after I have made my opinion quite clear about Don being free to pursue his career however he wants. At this stage of his life, having just turned 72 and returned from a European tour, it would seem he would want to kick back some and relax. That is all. Maybe I should have been more clear but I honestly didn’t expect backlash about a rather benign post.

Of course it is well known he and the band as well as other musicians have performed at private parties and corporate gigs. Hence, the word “still.”

The last sentence was added as a tongue-in-cheek way of saying I wish he would get on with these other projects, although of course he could very well be working on them at this time for all we know.

Apparently now posting a casual comment is equivalent to making a “big deal” about something. While I’m glad the post stimulated some conversation, it’s unfortunate it came at the expense of being misconstrued.

BTW, I heard on the radio that Don and Gwen sang HC together at the party.