Page 2 of 195 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

The part about his daughter was so cute! As for Walmart justification... well... no comment, lol. But at least Walmart's deadline seems to have kicked them into gear.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This article is just full of great quotes. I love the description of Don as "a maverick and rock's most cerebral grump." The line that says "It's not that Henley isn't funny, it's just that people are so accumstomed to his serious mode that the jokes can slip by," is great too. He really is funny sometimes, but some people just don't "get" him.

I'm not too happy to hear him saying that they only have "one more world tour" in them, then they may just ride off into that old sunset, however. Hopefully the fans can change their minds on that one.

I know how he feels about helping his daughter with her language homework--as a parent who is often called upon to help her 14-yr-old daughter with her Spanish, I feel equally useless. I also know how he feels about the legal pads--I take all my notes on legal pads when I am working, and sometimes I don't want to see them, either!

Still, a good interview all around. And I know he will be happy when the hot water heater is fixed . As a very astute person posted on another site, knowing Don's past as we do, I bet he isn't very accustomed to taking cold showers!

Thanks for posting that, DF, it's a great article.

I agree totally with the language problem - both of my sons studied German, but I did French, so I've been no help at all.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Thanks DF for finding and posting that! It really looks like the album is happening! yay!!

In terms of the "one more world tour", I was not to happy to read that either. But.. these guys have been known to stretch the one tour over a few years (remember Farewell 1). So... we may not be done with them yet! and we also need to remember after the HFO tour they said they were done and here they are all these years later.

With the Eagles I have learned never say never!

Quote Originally Posted by timfan
    With the Eagles I have learned never say never!
    Amen to that, timfan!

Thanks to this Google Alert from the Dallas News, we know what Don was up to this weekend.
    Dang, these lush birthday parties are quite the rage these days! Wish I had some extra $$$ lying around so I could afford a gig like this!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pickens' Vegas bash had it all

12:00 AM CST on Wednesday, March 7, 2007
    Alan Peppard apeppard@dallasnews.com

That's a great find, DF, thanks for posting it. When one of us wins the lottery we'll organise a bash like that! How cool that Don donated his fee to the Walden Woods project.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

This kind of thing makes me more jealous of rich people than those nice cars, jewels, homes, or buckets of bling that I see on "The Fabulous Life"!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

No kidding! Hmmm - I think I'll get Don to play at my next birthday party. All of you are invited. However, I have to warn you that I'll have to charge each of you a pretty steep cover of around $25. That should help raise enough so that we can make a generous $250 donation to Walden Woods.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Just when I was wondering when Reba's new album would be ready so I could hear her collaboration with Don, I read this:

Bob Seger's New Album "Like a Rock" hits airwaves

MUSICALLY, "Like a Rock" is an across-the-board venture, with Seger and the core of the Silver Bullet Band -- saxophonist Alto Reed, bassist Chris Campbell, keyboardist Craig Frost and backup singer Shaun Murphy -- using a variety of session notables (including keyboardist Bill Payne, drummer Russ Kunkel, guitarist Rick Vito), a full horn section and guests such as Don Henley and the Weather Girls to custom tailor the sound of each song.