Page 34 of 195 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the press

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_For_Life View Post
    Thanks DF. What a great way to keep the fire burning.
    Don always keeps MY fire burning, FFL!
    (He looked especially hot in that black tee shirt & jeans outfit, too!)

Mine too

Liberals will be happy to hear Henley is doing his part to further the agenda of the Democratic party. From CQ Politics:

"The DSCC [Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee] raised $282,000 last month in Minnesota-related expenses. This included [...] contributions from numerous figures in the entertainment industry: entertainer Barbra Streisand ($1,000); singer Don Henley ($5,000) and composer Burt Bacharach ($1,000)."

Also, according to the Los Angeles Times:

"While the San Francisco mayor [Gavin Newsom]clearly enjoys support among the current crop of uber-agents, Brown is collecting impressive donations from what might be called "Old Hollywood," including $13,000 from Eagles stalwart Don Henleyand $12,000 from Edith Wasserman, widow of MCA co-founder Lew, the legendary industry power broker."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I wondered why Minnesota is getting so much of Henley's money. Then I realized... it's the state where Republican Norm Coleman has demanded a recount of the votes electing Al Franken. I guess I don't understand politics, but why do the candidates have to pay for a recount, I wonder? Those results aren't supposed to be influenced by who has the most money. Or is this to pay lawyers to stop the recount? But isn't it already underway? Is it for lawyers to argue the recount is wrong if the results differ from the initial ballot count? I don't get it. (Geez, I hate lawyers. They'll say anything to get what their client wants, and if they have to lie or twist the truth to accomplish that task... no problem.)

Anyway, from the St. Paul Legal Ledger:

"Among Franken’s $10,000-plus post-election donors: author John Grisham, who contributed $10,000; comedian and actor Dan Aykroyd, $12,300; actor Tom Hanks, $12,300; musician Don Henley, $10,000; TV producer Norman Lear, $12,300; actor Mike Myers, $12,300; and actress Heather Thomas, $10,000.)"

I feel for Coleman. How embarrassing to lose to Stuart Smalley. No wonder he wants a recount!

Okay, this is just insane. From a newspaper in British Columbia:

"Wild Apple Restaurant and Lounge won the bragging rights to call their Wild Buffalo Burger the Best Restaurant Burger in Town at the Smoke on the Water BBQ competition held last Sunday at Waterfront Park. The Wild Apple’s Wild Buffalo Burger was a buffalo burger with a spicy mango ketchup, harissa mayo and tangy red slaw, on a fresh baked brioche bun.

Second place went to The Grateful Fed for their Don Henley Burger, which was a more traditional six ounce beef burger made fresh and seasoned in their kitchen. It is served on a whole wheat bun, their special sauce, bacon, velveeta cheese, fresh tomato, lettuce, pickle, red onion."

Oh my gosh that is AWESOME! Only a true fan knows how much Henley loves his Velveeta. Kudos to the Grateful Fed!

Man after my own heart, I love Velveeta too

Well, if anything's gonna persuade me to eat meat again...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Absolutely, troub! Personally, I can't wait for them to open up a Grateful Fed where I live. Gotta love the velvetta, huh Don!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Apparently, Henley is mentioned in a book about Def Leppard's Steve Clark called Runway RunAway: A Backstage Pass to Fashion, Romance & Rock'n Roll.

According to The Examiner,

"In addition to more than 100 never before seen personal photos, handwritten journal entries there are recollections of conversations with the likes of Don Henley, Darryl Hall and John Oates, Mutt Lang and, in one of the lighter moments of the book, a chance encounter with Cher, while in designer Bob Mackie's Hollywood boutique."

Hmm, might have to thumb through this at the bookstore.