Page 41 of 195 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the press

I...uh....wow.....dang......better save up so he can say "Maleah.....I'm singing this to you" before he begins "Taking You Home"

ETA: I'd take it before "Last Worthless Evening" as well of course

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    ETA: I'd take it before "Last Worthless Evening" as well of course
    Can you imagine?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertai...si#articleFull

This is a great email interview with Don in the Boston Herald. My favorite part:

"As for me, I’ve spent a few weeks in the studio, both in California and Texas, since the Eagles European Tour ended in late July. I’ve cut half a dozen tracks and we will record more in December, January and February. I suppose the work could be loosely defined as a country album. Some of it is very traditional, old-style country and some of it is not. There will be some interesting guest vocalists and players. I’d also like to mention that Timothy B. has a brand new solo album out."

YAY!! Looks like next year we will finally get that oft-promised solo album from Don. I can't wait! AND he gives a nice mention about Timothy's solo album too.

Let's see....another solo album usually means more solo dates, and by next year I will have worked long enough to get some paid vacation time so hopefully I can see a few solo concerts--with some of my favorite Border friends! It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Can you imagine?
    Ooooh yes.....I can most definently imagine. I might go take a nap and "imagine" right now. However.....that's all I will be able to do...bummer lol

The power of the mind is an amazing thing, Maleah!

DF... Aaaahhhh, that is so exciting! Thanks so much for posting. I'm grinning from ear to ear.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

How nice of him to mention Timothy's solo cd. Pretty cool.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

That was very cool of him to mention Tim's new album - and I'm very excited to hear that Don's new album is taking shape!

This part made me shake my head, though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Henley
    I do have some new material, but if I played it in concert, it would be on YouTube the very next day and then there would be little point in recording it; it wouldn’t be new anymore.
    The above quote doesn't make much sense to me. I guess he means that since a small fraction of his fans would hear it on YouTube, it would no longer be something he wants to share with the rest of his fans? I daresay the majority of his demographic does not feverishly check YouTube! Odd logic. But hey, if it makes him feel better to not play any new songs, then that's his decision. He's still gonna put on a great show, and that's all I care about.

BTW, I think Henley did a search about Dr. Alfredo Armendariz on Google to get all that bio information on him.

http://www.downstreamtoday.com/news/...spx?a_id=19140

See, the internet can be your friend, Don!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It makes no sense to me at all. Who cares if it goes on YouTube? Many people (me) will never see the man solo anyway. Why deprive everyone else of the chance to hear new songs?

And in any case, it won't necessarily go on YouTube, because when Glenn did a couple of LROOE songs at solo shows before the album was released, those were never filmed by anybody.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I told myself I was probably just being critical when I read that statement about YouTube because he sometimes rubs me the wrong way with these things as I've made clear before so decided not to mention it. Glad to know others caught onto that also and that it doesn't make much sense to them either. What is his problem with fans enjoying his music?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but in this case I understand Don's point. Once a video shows up on Youtube hundreds of thousands of fans can have the recording for free and therefore make the decision to not pay for it when it comes out in "legit" form. I can understand the frustration in that lots of money and control are given up.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.