Page 83 of 195 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Here's an article that rates the richest drummers. Don Henley might not be Ringo Starr, but he's close!

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=754433

I really want to know how Steven Adler is worth $15 million. I mean, he must have spent most of his money on drugs.
    Some of the people on this list really shocked me.
    I wonder where they get this kind of information on how much money everyone has....Just curious

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    It does mention "net worth" - do they mean what's left after they've partied up/donated to charity/paid of ex-wives etc...?
    I think you are right, EK. I would think Don would be worth more than David Grohl too, but he must spend more money than David does. lol

I would have also thought that Charlie Watts would have been higher on the list, but I he must spend a lot of money too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I think you are right, EK. I would think Don would be worth more than David Grohl too, but he must spend more money than David does. lol

I would have also thought that Charlie Watts would have been higher on the list, but I he must spend a lot of money too.
    How would they have any idea how much money they spend? That seems impossible.
    They must figure this in terms of property they own and how much they make on touring & other money they make from projects. They can't know how much they spend.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Ok...I was always a gal who a guy with tight jeans and a guitar would turn my head.....but DH , Scott Crago ,Ringo and John PArrish (drummer for ewf) are my fav drummers.There is something to be said about drummers.....and who knew they made so much $$$$$?????

tt

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    How would they have any idea how much money they spend? That seems impossible.
    They must figure this in terms of property they own and how much they make on touring & other money they make from projects. They can't know how much they spend.
    You're absolutely right, TK. Which I guess makes these lists a bit ridiculous.

I'll concede that some information is either publicly known (e.g. Soda commented that Mick Fleetwood's investments were a disaster... or some divorce payouts which get a lot of publicity); or the information can be reasonably calculated (song writing royalties perhaps? possibly tour revenue?). Maybe even some donations are known (e.g. Don's contributions to Walden Woods & the Caddo Lake Institute)... but surely even celebrities get to keep SOME information on their finances private??
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

As I mentioned in the last post I put in Glenn's thread, assuming 'etc' can mean Tweets about our guys, here's two that came up in my search. John Rich is half of the country band Big & Rich, one of the few more recent country acts that I truly like and own some of their music. Apparently, someone chastised Mr. Rich for his language.

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    As I mentioned in the last post I put in Glenn's thread, assuming 'etc' can mean Tweets about our guys, here's two that came up in my search. John Rich is half of the country band Big & Rich, one of the few more recent country acts that I truly like and own some of their music. Apparently, someone chastised Mr. Rich for his language.

Big & Rich...Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy right? are they still together? I kind of like them...I think it's cute how John Rich reacted!!..I'd probably say more than Holy Shit!!!..probably a huge thrill and honor for him..

Love John Rich. I know he Tweets like crazy! Love that. How cool that he met Don at the airport!!!...Sure wish our guys tweeted a bit more. I know Joe & Timothy tweet, but TBS hardly tweets at all. Joe does a bit more, but Don & Glenn???? I think that will be happening...NEVER.. LOL

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! I'm sure JR was probably flabbergasted! I've seen them recently on CMT doing a new song, 'That's Why I Pray'. Great song!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten