Page 84 of 195 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Glenn doesn't even have an iPod. All he does is text.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Glenn doesn't even have an iPod. All he does is text.

On a flip-phone! I thought my husband had the last one on the planet. Nope. Glenn's got one too!

I miss my flip phone! I loved my Razor

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I miss my flip phone! I loved my Razor
    I did, too! It fit in my hand just perfectly! I paid more in replacement batteries than I did for the phone. Now I have a Droid Razr (Maxx) and while I love that I can do so much with it, I miss the convenience of the old Razr. Of course, I couldn't see the CallerID without reading glasses, so I can't go back
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I did, too! It fit in my hand just perfectly! I paid more in replacement batteries than I did for the phone. Now I have a Droid Razr (Maxx) and while I love that I can do so much with it, I miss the convenience of the old Razr. Of course, I couldn't see the CallerID without reading glasses, so I can't go back
    I think I had my Razor for about 5 years & the battery never even died, but I finally gave it up too when I switched providers.

Yeah, if Glenn didn't take up tweeting to promote After Hours as Joe did for Analog Man, I doubt he ever will. As for Don.... well, he has an announcement on his website that he does NOT tweet (referenced here) so unless he has a change of heart... not happening.

I too love this tweet from Rich - very cute how he reacted!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I understand, sort of, why Don feels the way he does. Social media, like everything else, has its uses and abuses. If we were to shun every advance in communication because a few bad apples misused it or didn't have the sense to be careful about what they communicate, then the printing press would have lasted all of a few years and then where would we be?

I've gotten into a real rut. Only so many hours in a day, and my job sucks up a lot of my time and energy. I've found in the last few months that while I used to check email a couple times an hour, I'm down to a couple times a day. I never use the phone except for work-related things. I don't go to too many websites anymore. Anything I'm interested in comes through my Facebook newsfeed. The newspapers I read, the TV news I listen to. Of course every feed from the Pirates, Steelers, and Penguins. All my friends and family know if they want me to know something, they need to text or send a FB message or wallpost, or tell me in person (always a good option).

There are a lot of my friends like me. I guess what I'm saying is, if you want me to know you're putting out a new album, you better put it on FB. Of course, due to this message board, I do have other methods of finding out, like the Google alerts and Twitter searches. Other bands, well, if it's not on FB I don't know about it.

And there is my rant for the day.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

I'm still new to FB but I think the more I get used to it the more likely it is that I will hear news there rather than on conventional websites.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    As I mentioned in the last post I put in Glenn's thread, assuming 'etc' can mean Tweets about our guys, here's two that came up in my search. John Rich is half of the country band Big & Rich, one of the few more recent country acts that I truly like and own some of their music. Apparently, someone chastised Mr. Rich for his language.

so cool......lanugage doesnt bother me hee...give the guy a break he was excited so would I be...And to find he wants to write a song with him...what an honor.. go John rich...and what a class guy Dh was...
    Hey seems like that is three of our guys flyin around the country..

awsome

OOH ANd I am not on fb...dont really see the need for me to be.

Remember the reporter who irritated Don with trying to clarify the 'spirit' reference in HC? He's retiring. This is his final column, and it's actually a cute little article, with a Stevie reference in it as well.

http://www.cleveland.com/pdq/index.s..._soeder_s.html
    VK