Page 9 of 195 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Hey - wait just a second. I thought we had a rule here on the board about playing nice and sharing!
    Do I HAVE to?

Well...okay...I'll be glad to share.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Right DF - I like totally trust you!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't trust ANY of you, so I'm getting there first!

Finally got time to read this. Loved the article. Thanks DF! Don sounds wonderful and was in a really good mood that day! Must have been trying to impress "Santa"!

I'm glad to hear he helps out with the dishes, too, and is just, sometimes, an everyday guy. And even if he isn't "flavor of the week", I think he could be "flavor of the century"!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

How about Don--or at least, one of his songs--in the movies:

--------------------------------------------
    From yesterday's New York Daily News:

NEW SEX AND THE CITY MOVIE TRAILER PREMIERES:

The three-minute preview, set to a remix of Don Henley's "Heart of the Matter", picks up where the ladies left us when the show ended in 2004.
    -------------------------------------------

Only problem is, the movie producers used another singer to sing it, not Don.
    There is just no accounting for taste (or the lack thereof).

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

You are right, DF. Why not go with the best

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Don Henley Casts Blame for Winehouse's, Spears' Troubles
    Posted Apr 2nd 2008 2:00PM by Steve Baltin
    Filed under: News, Exclusive

-----------------------------------------
    Wouldn't you just love to get Don & Rupert Murdoch in the same room for once?

Don really does seem to loathe Rupert Murdoch. He talks about him so much you'd think the man was the root of all evil. I mean, "This is the world that Rupert Murdoch made and we all have to live in it"? Murdoch's acts are determined by profit margins. If the people weren't buying it, he wouldn't provide it. Of course, a more noble person would ignore the market and do the right thing even if it meant losing money, but let's just say Murdoch isn't the only one who doesn't take that route. As a whole, the general public doesn't have to live in this kind of paparrazi-filled world; they choose to. In the end, we need to look inside ourselves for the current state of the world. JMHO.

It's interesting that he focuses on managers. I wonder if Irving ever told them to stop doing dope? Or was he doing it right along with them? lol Of course, Don says they didn't have to be told because they could handle it, but when I look at what happened to Joe... he wasn't given an ultimatum until it became obvious his lack of sobriety would interfere with the Eagles "resumption." I'm not saying they didn't care about Joe - I'm sure they cared very much - but they didn't step in until then.

Don is right in that people need to be straight with these folks and tell it like it is when they're getting out of control. However, it takes more than that to get someone out of that kind of downward spiral. In the examples he mentions....

Amy Winehouse and her husband went to rehab together this summer to please their families and because her record company Universal gave her an ultimatum: "Get help or forget your career." As their press release put it more tactfully, "Amy decided to enter the facility today after talks with her record label, management and doctors." Once she and her hubby got out, they were seen using again "within days." Her father said he has even considered getting her forcibly "sectioned" by a hospital, but she is not considered "a danger to herself or others" so they refused.

The same goes for Britney. She has said that she was "tricked" into rehab by her parents (whom she is now estranged from) and her manager, whom she fired. She then surrounded herself with "yes men." She is not just a victim.

The truth is, rehab is useless unless the person is committed to getting help for their own reasons, not forced into it.

I guess it comes down to personal choice again. "They try to make me go to rehab, but I say, 'NO, NO, NO.'" - Amy Winehouse

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

There was an article in PARADE magazine in our Sunday paper yesterday about Dana Delaney, one of the newest housewives on Desperate Housewives, and it said that she had dated Don Henley.

My youngest daughter, Christina, and I watch Desperate Housewives together. Some episodes are better than others, and sometimes it is so "desperately shallow" that I vow to stop watching it altogether, but there aren't that many TV shows that my 16-yr-old will watch with her ol' mom, so I hang in there. Anyway, Christina saw that article and said, "Mom! She used to date DON! Can you believe it?" I grinned and said, "So, Don has a thing for brunettes named Dana--only that was the wrong Dana." She said "Mom!" and made a face just like this:

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Haha! Funny, DF!

I watch DH, too. Or try to!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

lol DF!

I wonder when they were an item?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten