Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

Default Re: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

I've been busy making videos this weekend. I kind of got in a rut for awhile but I'm coming back out of it and playing a lot!

Here's a Tele:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yD7SM5cCQE[/ame]

Here's a Strat:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13joikmmqiw[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

From time to time i've been chattering about a film we're making. I've just put together a little "trailer" that illustrates what it's supposed to be like. The clips in it were all shot on my run-of-the-mill camera - none of it is the 16mm, 8mm, or HD digital video that we've shot, although some of these may make the final cut. The soundtrack is taken from a rejected take of a song we recorded for Daytrotter (harmonies are pretty bad). I intended to use the better take, but I accidentally used this one and kept it in because it fit the video so well and it's not that big a deal right now anyway . . . :

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....11473&comments

A couple recent videos!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0XW1nACZLI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxoWB8WSZgg[/ame]
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I think maybe you got some sort of typo in your URLs for the vids Austin. Either that or I have a Flash problem. They are non-functional on my machine.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I think maybe you got some sort of typo in your URLs for the vids Austin. Either that or I have a Flash problem. They are non-functional on my machine.
    They play fine for me on this page..hmmmmm.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Must have been something on YouTube causing problems becasue they are working for me also now. I'll give them a listen today. Appreciate you posting them. Anxious to listen to that double-neck.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Must have been something on YouTube causing problems becasue they are working for me also now. I'll give them a listen today. Appreciate you posting them. Anxious to listen to that double-neck.
    Good deal!

The Doubleneck is great but it took me awhile to get used to the "layout" and everything. The 335 DOT just got back from the repair shop after getting a new nut and fret level/recrown and a setup. I think it sounds better now.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Love the 12-string Austin!

MikeA

Sure wish that I had my recording computer operational. I have this chord progression stuck in my head and have been working out some improv over it and it's sounding pretty good to me.

Really dark minor progression: Am Dm Em with some diminished chords tossed in. The improv stuff is done mostly using the third scale pattern in Am which puts it up on the 9th thru 12th frets mostly. Slow tremlo on the chords but other than that, it's a pretty clean setting.

It's that kind of really moody music that I like to listen to while following bugs in a program and I'm thinking dark thoughts about the idiot who wrote the code originally....probably was ME! <LOL>

While I can loop the progression on my Boss pedal and then play over it, I can only get 48 seconds looped. And with no way to record it (no drivers for the interface on my notebook and not enough memory, diskspace or power to be a recording engine anyway!) I can't embelish it...can't extend it. Driving me NUTS!

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    From time to time i've been chattering about a film we're making. I've just put together a little "trailer" that illustrates what it's supposed to be like. The clips in it were all shot on my run-of-the-mill camera - none of it is the 16mm, 8mm, or HD digital video that we've shot, although some of these may make the final cut. The soundtrack is taken from a rejected take of a song we recorded for Daytrotter (harmonies are pretty bad). I intended to use the better take, but I accidentally used this one and kept it in because it fit the video so well and it's not that big a deal right now anyway . . . :

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....11473&comments

Wow SS - I am impressed. The backdrop in the video is very reminiscent of the photos from the band's Eagles album. I like the song a lot. Forgive me if you already said this, but is that you or you band performing the song?

And Austin, I took a peek at your videos too. I wish I had more time to view it all right now, but life keeps getting in the way of my Border time. I got a feeling I could learn a thing or two from you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016