Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

Default Re: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    From time to time i've been chattering about a film we're making. I've just put together a little "trailer" that illustrates what it's supposed to be like. The clips in it were all shot on my run-of-the-mill camera - none of it is the 16mm, 8mm, or HD digital video that we've shot, although some of these may make the final cut. The soundtrack is taken from a rejected take of a song we recorded for Daytrotter (harmonies are pretty bad). I intended to use the better take, but I accidentally used this one and kept it in because it fit the video so well and it's not that big a deal right now anyway . . . :

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....11473&comments
    Very cool SS. I really like the song

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Very cool SS. I really like the song
    Thanks! Austin, P- and J-basses are grat, but for some reason i've never felt the need to own one.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks. Yes, bands going to the desert in general and Joshua Tree National Monument (now Park) in particular and shooting photos, etc. is a tradition that goes back to, if i'm not mistaken, the Flying Burrito Brothers and their first album. Plenty of groups have done it (U2 being another famous example), and are still doing it. Of course, the Eagles' photo session is the one that influenced me the most! Yes, that is my band performing the song. As I stated earlier, I accidentally used a version of one of our songs that had poorly sung harmonies on it, but once it was on there, I saw that it fit the images so nicely in terms of timing that I was afraid to replace it. It's just a mock-up of a trailer anyway, so . . .
    Thanks SS. So those photos were taken at Joshua Tree then. I thought they were, but didn't know for sure - NICE! As I said, I thought your band sounds very good. Do you all have a website for the band?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

SS,

I really like the song. And the mood of it. Very well done.

MikeA

Cool, SS. Nice work!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks SS. So those photos were taken at Joshua Tree then. I thought they were, but didn't know for sure - NICE! As I said, I thought your band sounds very good. Do you all have a website for the band?
    No separate website yet, but the two songs we recorded in a studio are here:

desertsoap.bandcamp.com

I don't really dig MySpace, so I don't update our page, but there are a few more demos there:

www.myspace.com/desertsoap

you may have already looked through the Facebook

www.facebook.com/pages/Desert-Soap/345314511473

Thank you Mike and Soda. That song is the next one I hope to record in a real studio. The "better" version we did for Daytrotter isn't actually a whole lot better

Austin, P- and J-basses are grat, but for some reason i've never felt the need to own one.
    What kind of bass do you play? I'm a Jazz Bass guy at heart but I've been looking at Precision Bass's heavily this week. I've been playing a lot of bass, trying to match my bass skills to that of my guitar skills! I have a small Fender Bassman I play my bass through. It's the practice amp version. I'd like to get a Fender Rumble at some point.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    What kind of bass do you play? I'm a Jazz Bass guy at heart but I've been looking at Precision Bass's heavily this week. I've been playing a lot of bass, trying to match my bass skills to that of my guitar skills! I have a small Fender Bassman I play my bass through. It's the practice amp version. I'd like to get a Fender Rumble at some point.
    I've used a Rickenbacker for a long time but right now i'm using a borrowed Hofner Icon which is just so light and easy to play. However, it's still more or less a toy, so i'm hoping to get a real one - a Deluxe or '63 500/1 (in blueburst!). For live show I use a Vox T-60, which is just fine. I would love to get a blackface Bassman

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

No separate website yet, but the two songs we recorded in a studio are here:

desertsoap.bandcamp.com

I don't really dig MySpace, so I don't update our page, but there are a few more demos there:

www.myspace.com/desertsoap

you may have already looked through the Facebook

www.facebook.com/pages/Desert-Soap/345314511473

Thank you Mike and Soda. That song is the next one I hope to record in a real studio. The "better" version we did for Daytrotter isn't actually a whole lot better
    Thanks again, SS. I wish your band well. But, I just wanted to let you know that your links in this post aren't working for me. I don't know if it's just me or is anyone else having this problem?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks again, SS. I wish your band well. But, I just wanted to let you know that your links in this post aren't working for me. I don't know if it's just me or is anyone else having this problem?
    I entered them very sloppily, sorry. These should work:

http://desertsoap.bandcamp.com/

http://www.myspace.com/desertsoap

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Desert...4511473?ref=ts