Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

Default Re: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks again, SS. I wish your band well. But, I just wanted to let you know that your links in this post aren't working for me. I don't know if it's just me or is anyone else having this problem?
    I did but I "manually" fixed them when I saw that the problem was the extra "eaglesonlinecentral/forum" in the front.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lbjmD8w_hM[/ame]

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for fixing those links, SS. I finally had some time to listen, and I really like your band's stuff. As I said before, I wish you as much success as you would like to have.

And Austin, I had a chance to listen to some of your video too. While much of it is waaayyyy over my head, I'm always impressed with your knowledge.

As I listened to both of you guy's music, I was struck by your talent, but also the difference in your musical styles. You guys represent the same spectrum of music as the Eagles do - country rock to hard rock. Both of these styles appeal to me, as well as, everything in between. I guess that's why I love this band so much and why they have such mass appeal. Like the band, you guy's offer a little something for everyone, and it's all really good stuff!

Keep on rockin', guys!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for fixing those links, SS. I finally had some time to listen, and I really like your band's stuff. As I said before, I wish you as much success as you would like to have.

And Austin, I had a chance to listen to some of your video too. While much of it is waaayyyy over my head, I'm always impressed with your knowledge.

As I listened to both of you guy's music, I was struck by your talent, but also the difference in your musical styles. You guys represent the same spectrum of music as the Eagles do - country rock to hard rock. Both of these styles appeal to me, as well as, everything in between. I guess that's why I love this band so much and why they have such mass appeal. Like the band, you guy's offer a little something for everyone, and it's all really good stuff!

Keep on rockin', guys!!!
    Thank you!!!

I definitely come from the hard rock school although I have many influences... I grew up hearing AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue, Ratt, KISS, Foreigner, Rolling Stones, Def Leppard, etc in the house and that's what I heard when I was growing up. My mom is a big 80s hair metal fan and so I heard her listening to stuff like Motley Crue, Ratt, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, etc. My dad is a more "classic rock" fan and would listen to AC/DC, Aerosmith, Zeppelin, Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. She was an 80s child though - that was the stuff she heard in school. Where as my dad mainly listened to late 70s rock as he's a bit older than her.

So I heard both 70s and 80s music in the house. When I would go to my grandparents they had Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Donovan, and that 60s stuff playing along with Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, etc. So I naturally grew up listening to all that stuff. I come from a Blues, Classic Rock, Hard Rock background but also like RnB (Motown), Soul, etc. I don't like Country though or Bluegrass. Or modern death metal/modern rock. Or rap/hiphop.

But when I put on that Hotel California CD on the stereo that one magical day as I have talked about before, and heard that wonderful solo by Joe Walsh and Don Felder, it made me want to play guitar. It lit the fire in me. Those two guys are my favorites. Although I have many other inspirations from the other bands I've mentioned above but Joe and Felder really are my "Heroes". It changed my life and I love it. It's what made me want to play.

But I fully believe the stuff that you grew up hearing in your childhood years will make an impact on what music you like. Just like I fully believe the music that inspired you to play guitar will always be your favorite and you'll end up back at it. You can go off and listen to whatever music you want and find inspiration, but you'll always "come home" and get right back to what made you want to play guitar. I love everything from the Eagles to AC/DC to Motley Crue to Marvin Gaye to Eric Clapton. But I always come back.

Keep on rockin', guys!!!
    Wow, thanks so much. The act of thinking about your own success is fraught with peril on so many levels, so having someone else wishing it upon you is much better!

And yes, we try hold down the country-rock end of the scale (I would even call it soft rock, though i'm sure the guys themselves would never agree to such). The original Eagles are absolutely iconic and quintessential in that regard.

Stuck on the Border

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYcF8wxK1Uc[/ame]

Stuck on the Border

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEg7EEIxo1M[/ame]

Thanks for posting your vids, Austin. I enjoy them!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for posting your vids, Austin. I enjoy them!
    Thank you! I have no intentions of stopping! I recorded about 2 videos a week and usually put one up during the week and one on the weekend. I have 30 subscribers on YouTube - slowly building that up. But it's good fun!

10 months after we recorded this, it's finally been posted. They didn't draw me! Oh well . . .

http://www.daytrotter.com/dt/desert-...354-51528.html