Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

Default Re: Member's Sound Bytes and Vids

EF, I'll have to wait until I get my audio interface in before I can record anything. I wouldn't insult your ears with anything I could record with my little chat-room desk mic that I got at Wal-Mart for like $7 <LOL> I tried and everything I throw at it distorts bacdly...way overdriven and NOT in a GOOD WAY!

MikeA

This is the best I can do with just a sound card and a dynamic mic. I did get an adapter to go from the 1/4" plug to a 1/8" and then into my soundcard. I'm mic'ing the VOX amp with a Tweed model with pretty high gain.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    This is the best I can do with just a sound card and a dynamic mic. I did get an adapter to go from the 1/4" plug to a 1/8" and then into my soundcard. I'm mic'ing the VOX amp with a Tweed model with pretty high gain.

Great one Mike!!! I bet you'll be looking forward to getting that UX!

Here is something different. An acoustic video....with singing. I'm doing "Take it Easy". I'm very shy about my singing, I know I'm not a great singer, so please be kind! The Carvin video is done and will be uploaded tomorrow evening.

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=TIE.mp4

Love the acoustic vid Austin. Is that one of your Taylor's?

MikeA

Love the acoustic vid Austin. Is that one of your Taylor's?
    Yup a Taylor 414ce. Glad you liked the video!

Great one Mike!!! I bet you'll be looking forward to getting that UX!
    Sure am Austin. That setup was the one I used for years and years before I finally got that single input TonePort DI. Very basic. A 40 year old Realistic Optimus dynamic mic into a 1/8" adapter and then into the mic port on my sound card. That audio path isn't bad except for the mic and the sound card....WAIT, the Mic and the Soundcard ARE the audio path <LOL>

I'm just hoping that the phantom power XLR inputs on the UX2 are good ones. I'd hate to have to pull out the mixing board again but I have it just in case. I really like the idea that the UX2 can be used as an equalizer so that the mic inputs and instrument inputs can be leveled before it goes into the mix.

I'm also really hoping that the Vox footswitch will work with Gearbox and the interface. It will be nice to be able to kick in compression on demand, distortions and fuzz and reverb/tremlo/phase and flange. I can acomplish the same thing by playing it dry and the come back after the track is captured and add digital effects, but those are never as good in final cut as when they are when you capture them live. Something about the levels. I've never gotten it to work to my satisfaction.

Theoretically, you can capture nothing but a dry signal out of the amp and mix in effects with the DAW and Gearbox or PodFarm, but I do have some issues with that. Line 6 claims that taking the raw signal into the digital effects produces better effects than an amp and stompbox...but I have as of yet seen that proved out.

It'll be fun to play around with though.

Oh, you might send me your PRS. I think I might be able to mix it up pretty good with it. I think it your duty as teacher to student to provide me with such a red implement of destruction. Don't You?

MikeA

Oh, you might send me your PRS. I think I might be able to mix it up pretty good with it. I think it your duty as teacher to student to provide me with such a red implement of destruction. Don't You?
    You'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands first. I've been playing it all day. Took a break long enough to eat dinner, and back to playing I go. Right now I'm toggling between being online and playing it!

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/...=carvinprs.mp4

Finally did a Carvin video. I think I'm gonna change pickups in it from the S22 to the C22's. Don't care much for the S22's muddiness you can hear.

Also have a surprise in there somewhere!

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Good vid OGG, Glad to see you've been practising the facial grimaces!
    Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Also have a surprise in there somewhere!
    Ha!! Some surprise....we all knew you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off it!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here