Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Tonight on Jeopardy in the category "Reunited" the question was "Don Henley said this group would reunite "when hell froze over." The person got the answer right. Wonders never cease!

But, wasn't it Glenn that said that? Or was it Don?

They also had one on Fleetwood Mac about playing Don't Stop for the Clinton inaugeration.

Last week on the CBS early morning show they played THIO during a weather segment.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Don said 'hell freezes over'. Glenn said 'Armageddon' in Australia in 1988.

Well...yesterday day I bought seasons 1 & 2 of the West Wing. I was watching them today and the episode I'm watching right now is "Somebody's Going To Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail." So obviously I thought of Don as soon as I saw the title And when the episode started.......New York Minute also started

I didn't know where to put this, so here it is!

Watching Monday night football just now and they announced that the Eagles were providing the soundtrack for tonight's game! They just played a snippet of HL and showed them in one of the new photos! So, tune in to ESPN!

BTW, I'm not a big football fan. Hubby is, so at least they will make it bearable for me tonight!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I didn't know where to put this, so here it is!

Watching Monday night football just now and they announced that the Eagles were providing the soundtrack for tonight's game! They just played a snippet of HL and showed them in one of the new photos! So, tune in to ESPN!

BTW, I'm not a big football fan. Hubby is, so at least they will make it bearable for me tonight!
    I'm only watching tonight coz my Packers are playing. When they announced this -my husband looked over at me and laughed -he said " Gee, try not to grin too much!"

Brooke and Molly-I love to watch football, but I didn't do so last night. Darn it! When the Walmart commercial came on whatever channel we had on my heart did skip a beat. lol

I had another Eagles TV moment last night. Does anyone watch Nip/Tuck? I reluctantly got sucked into that show--morbid curiousity about plastic surgery--and it had the new season premiere last night. The two doctors have relocated from Miami to L.A. (the actresses in Hollywood offer more fertile pickings for plastic surgery I guess) and they spent most of the show trying to attract new clients. Guess what song was playing in the background?
    New Kid In Town --not sung by the Eagles but someone sounding remarkably like them.

Great catch, DF! I have watched Nip/Tuck a few times out of curiosity too. The times I did watch it was kinda "out there"!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Great catch, DF! I have watched Nip/Tuck a few times out of curiosity too. The times I did watch it was kinda "out there"!
    Yeah, it is kinda "out there", all right. Sometimes I have to turn it off, too.

Last night I turned on the tv to the CBS evening news and as they were rolling the credits at the end they were playing PCHFC! I just smiled and listened. A perfect ending!