Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

OMG, I loved those Blue Jean Committee skits on Netflix! I was hoping there would be some discussion on here!

I loved the way they kind of made a hybrid of all the Eagles into the 2 characters. Like Clark was a kind of Glondy if you will(on!y Randyish because of the high voice).

I can't wait to check out the Bill Hader video. Thank you to whomever posted it!

Sausage school in Chicago and Catalina Breeze wine coolers. Priceless!

Border Desperado

Just read the article and saw the video. Even funnier than I remembered. Forgot to add Clark's porstache to the list

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm finally watching "Gilmore Girls" on Netflix and I got to their Christmas episode of season 2 and there was an Eagles reference!!! Lauren Graham's character Lorelai was having the residents of their small town over to stay at her inn to have a fancy medieval style dinner and Christmas themed events. Well turns out a lot of the townspeople got drunk and performed "Hotel California" in it's entirety with medieval instruments, spoons, and a harp!!! LOL They didn't actually show it (my guess rights issue) but kept talking about it the next morning. This show has been known for it's pop culture references so I had a feeling one was coming. I still got 5 and 1/2 seasons left and the revival so there could be more.

Also love that they performed "Hotel California" in an actual hotel. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Nice one! I've actually heard Hotel California being played live in a hotel in real life, albeit not quite such a unique take on the song - it was played by a guitarist rather than with medieval instruments! I posted the story somewhere on here (I think it's in the 'Hearing Eagles songs unexpectedly' thread - just checked now, here it is: https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...tel#post302453).

In case anyone didn't see in Glenn's forum the Emmys included Glenn in their In Memoriam segment with the other actors, athletes, musicians, reporters, and others in the TV industry that have passed away this year. It was a lovely segment with Tori Kelly performing a cover of "Hallelujah" and the picture of Glenn shown was from the "Farewell" 1 concert. There's a link for the video in the other threads.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I was watching Married With Children this morning. The Bundy were going to go on a road trip and Peggy said "You got a new 8-track of "Hotel California"? We can crank it as we're towed down the freeway?"

I've been watching Married With Children in the morning for years and I didn't know they had another reference to the Eagles. The first time was in Guys and Dolls episode when Steve and Al were working the street looking for a doll and You Belong To The City is playing.

My brother is currently watching Dan Patrick's tv/radio show and he and his producers talked about Glenn again and his time showing up on the show. The producers even said Glenn was so nice to them after his interview and said Glenn couldn't wait to come back again and talk more sports. So nice to see how much Dan and his producers loved Glenn.
    ~*Amanda*~

I'm starting to think the creators and writers of Married With Children like the Eagles. Bud something about Witchy Woman and made me think of the guys. That's three times. You Belong To The city playing in the background as Al and Steve walk the streets of Chicago looking for a doll, Peggy bringing up Hotel California and now Bud with Witchy Woman. I don't know how I missed this all these years. lol

I think there might have been a couple slight Eagles references in "Gilmore Girls" in season 4 now (which is where I'm at in my binge watch). I posted earlier about the "Hotel California" one in season 2, but the first possible one was with Rory's best friend Lane and her band trying to find a new guitarist as their old one Dave (who was also Lane's boyfriend) went to college in California (in real life the actor Adam Brody joined the cast of "The OC" at the time so it was a wink to that.) Their lead singer/guitarist Zack didn't think musicians could go to college and still be rock stars but then Lane, Rory, and Brian (the bass player) started naming off all these musicians that were college grads or went to college. Zack ends up getting mad he was proven wrong and talks about when people move to California they never come back, which made me think of Glenn, Don, and the others moving there.

Plus, I know Lane and Zack actually end up getting married as the show goes on so reminds me of the comment Glenn said about his relationship with Don was like a marriage as Lane is a drummer too. LOL

The 2nd possible reference is the show's characters tend to be named after famous musicians and music plays a huge part of the show as they have a town troubadour and each character has their own musical favorites we find out as the show goes on. There's characters named Jackson, Taylor, someone had the last name Springsteen, Carol King herself plays the town's music shop owner and does the show's theme song, and Rory's first boyfriend Dean was named after James Dean. Now there's a boy Rory goes to college with named Glenn and he hates all his classes and hangs around with a group of three other boys. LOL

Still got 3 1/2 seasons to go and the revival in November so there might be more.
    ~*Amanda*~

Update on the Glenn character in "Gilmore Girls" as his full name is Glenn Babble (made me laugh when I found that out) and I like his character. He works at the paper with Rory at their college Yale and he lives on the boys floor in her dorm. He provides some comical scenes and actually drove the Rory and her roommates to Florida for spring break reminding me slightly of Glenn's road trip to California. Rory even said to her mother not to worry as "Glenn's a respectable guy", and it turned out they had to be more worried about what happened to him. LOL This Glenn's best friend is Marty (who was also a slight love interest for Rory) who has curly hair that reminds me of Don. I'm almost done with season 4 and know he's in a bit of season 5 too. Really love this show and loving all the musical references including characters names.
    ~*Amanda*~