Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

The show "Stranger Things" teamed up with Spotify and created playlists for each character and their favorite music. Have seen Eagles songs as well as solo songs from Don and Joe show up. Haven't checked them all yet, as there's about 15, but haven't seen any of Glenn's or the others' solo songs pop up yet. But did also notice there is a storyline connected with 2 of the teen characters Steve, who was the popular boy and called the king of the high school, and the new kid in town Billy who is out to humiliate Steve and take his place.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

What a cool idea! Glad a couple of the characters have such good taste.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

They played Smugglers blues on the Sunday night football game. It featured the raiders and the dolphins. A throwback to the Glenn Miami vice epsiode

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

The Good Place mentions Eagles, but it wasn't complimentary.

NBC played the Long Run when talking about original football franchises on tonight’s football game

This is most likely posted somewhere but I wasn't able to locate proper thread.

For those like me who might have missed it ...

Documentary Now! is an American mockumentary television series on IFC, created by Saturday Night Live alumni Fred Armisen, Bill Hader, Seth Meyers, and director Rhys Thomas, with Armisen and Hader starring in the series and Thomas co-directing. The series spoofs celebrated documentary films by parodying the style of each documentary with a similar, but fictitious, subject.

Season 1 Episode 6 Gentle & Soft: The Story of The Blue Jean Committee Part 1

Subject Parodied: History of the Eagles Documentary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vRfOqQH49RI

Season 1 Episode 7 Gentle & Soft: The Story of the Blue Jean Committee Part 2

Subject parodied: History of the Eagles Documentary

Special appearances Irving Azoff, Cameron Crowe, Darryl Hall and others

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HRGcXq5adY
    Last edited by Dawn; 01-24-2018 at 11:11 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Thank you for links. Although I'd read about this mockumentary, this is the first time I'm able to watch it because of region blocking. I look forward to seeing it later.

Thanks for the links, Dawn, I'll have to check it out!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Thank you for links. Although I'd read about this mockumentary, this is the first time I'm able to watch it because of region blocking. I look forward to seeing it later.
    Long time no see, UTW! You were missed. By me, anyway

OT/general cry for help: is there something I can do to stay logged in on this site? The last couple of weeks, I have to sign in every time I want to post a comment. I don't know what happened...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Long time no see, UTW! You were missed. By me, anyway

OT/general cry for help: is there something I can do to stay logged in on this site? The last couple of weeks, I have to sign in every time I want to post a comment. I don't know what happened...
    NMB - Did you get your log in problem resolved? I have no idea why this is happening. The only thing I can possibly think of is to make sure you have the 'Remember Me' box checked when you log in.

And thanks to those of you who posted the Documentary Now links. I remember wanting to watch them some time ago, but then I totally forgot about it. So I appreciate your reminder, Dawn and actually got around to watching these today. They are hilarious! I literally burst out laughing when they talked about writing six number one hits in 72 hours. And OMG, could the music be any more awful! This is a must see if you haven't gotten around to watching it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016