Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Tribute Bands

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Tribute Bands

The guy who sung Don's parts is actually quite good, very good I thought.
    The two guitar players did a good job on the HC outro.
    This is funny - the bass player is about 6'5" tall with blond hair, (and apparently, his uncle is Les Paul.) Think of Richard Branson. I will just say that ICTYW is a difficult song to sing well and the visual was so out of whack...I'll just leave it at that.
    There was so much wrong with the singing on Glenn's parts, I'll leave it at that. Some of the harmonies started to sound nice, then all of a sudden they're not even singing it the right way, like, they've got the tune wrong. Makes you realize how difficult some of the Eagles' harmonies are. No more of this show for me. I just don't get the whole tribute band thing.

Stuck on the Border

I can see what you mean, based on their promo video.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8FXSqD_OHc[/ame]

To me, it just seems odd to see these middle-aged men covering Eagles songs. However, I'd love to see a young tribute band with the long hair, tight jeans and attitude and I'd be willing to forgive a little rawness.

Border Troubadour

In all honesty, they sound worse than the three tributes bands I've seen; but it will be a case of just finding the voices needed, which ain't an easy task.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I see what you mean, MC. I'm not overly impressed with this particular tribute band either. However, I did enjoy the one I saw called Hotel California. Tribute bands are, obviously, not as good as the real thing, but I do think there are some good ones out there that get the band's sound down pretty well that are worth seeing, especially given the fact that you get to hear some awesome music at a bargain price. It can help with PEW if you know you won't be seeing the real thing anytime in the foreseeable future.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Besides playing in an Eagles Tribute band I LOVE watching good tribute bands perform. I haven't enjoyed much of the AXS TV show, and that is not sour grapes. Though I must admit I'm disappointed they didn't select us for the show-here is the video we sent to them last year:

http://www.altereaglesband.com

With a great Don Henley vocalist on the drums, I think we've got a pretty authentic look and sound.

Our agent said they are all booked by the same agent out of So Cal and he only uses his bands, which is why we didn't even get considered.

I guess they can get away with the show title, since it's all subjective, but I've seen way better bands than just about all of the tributes they've featured. I liked the Pink Floyd guys last year, and the Beatles Tribute was great. Stevie Nicks, Eagles, Garth Brooks, not so much.

To each his own I guess.

G

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks AEB. I will check out the video. Best of luck.

I'm feeling bad about the review I posted...I don't want the guys from The Long Run to see it. If I delete it, all of the subsequent posts won't make sense. Lesson learned - if you don't have anything nice to say...

Out on the Border

Good point, though I admit I could understand your comments having watched the entire show.

We critique every one of our shows, and usually record video and audio so we can go back and fine tune what's not working. Every band is different as to their philosophy and approach. Our priorities are:

1. Vocals and instruments as close to the original recording as possible
    2. Right guy singing/playing the parts (Drummer singing Don Henley, Front left guitarist singing Glenn Frey).
    3. Look and feel of an Eagles Live Performance - Staging, Clothing, Hairstyles

We tried having our Don Henley vocalist up front, but last year we moved him back to the drums and have never regretted it.

Too bad the producers of the show didn't use a different criteria for choosing the bands in the shows. I didn't watch this, but apparently, there are much better tribute bands for many of the acts that could have been selected. Having mediocre bands on the show gives all tribute bands a bad name since most folks would assume the best bands would be represented.

Here's a piece on a band that became an Eagles tribute. Also mentions Poco.

http://www.masslive.com/entertainmen...ivewire_6.html

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-in-glory.html

I'm assuming that the Seven Bridges Road band mentioned in that article is different from Keith's band, 7 Bridges: The Ultimate Eagles Experience, that we have already mentioned in this thread. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.