Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

According to the info posted on this site: http://www.udo.co.jp/Artist/Eagles/index.html, the Eagles have booked 4 concerts in Japan in March. I don't see anything on their official site yet & I don't know how accurate this site is, but I'll be watching more closely for more news. FYI, the site is in Japanese & we all know what Google translations are like, LOL. It's advertised here as the 40th Anniversary Tour! Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by GlennLover; 11-15-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Addition

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

I hope it's true. They haven't been to Asia since 2004. If they are going to do a 40th Anniversary tour perhaps they MIGHT get back here one last time.

ooh!!! I sure hope it's true! Keep on truckin', guys!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The 40th is soooo close surely they will so something special in 2011! A new DVD would be very nice (not to mention more concerts)!

A 40TH anniversary Tour would be very great! However, I do not think they would get it back to Europe, because they were last year here!
    But I hope very much, for you all, it gives a huge ANNIVERSARY Tour in America!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

That would be VERY awesome if they toured and put out a DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    A 40TH anniversary Tour would be very great! However, I do not think they would get it back to Europe, because they were last year here!
    But I hope very much, for you all, it gives a huge ANNIVERSARY Tour in America!

I'm hoping they might do some 40th Anniversary shows in the UK, maybe just some at the O2 London, as they haven't done London since March/April 2008 when the LROOE tour began - and they did sell out 6 nights at the O2 so we certainly made it worth their while coming over!!

If they are going on the road for about 5 months during 2011 as Glenn said recently, then I can't imagine it will be just Japan & USA, especially as they've toured the US a lot this during 2009 & 2010, and been to some US cities twice e.g. they did Dallas & Houston twice each.

Guess we'll have to wait & see.

EAGLES, PLEASE COME BACK TO THE UK.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I hope it's true. They haven't been to Asia since 2004. If they are going to do a 40th Anniversary tour perhaps they MIGHT get back here one last time.
    Hi Freypower. Happy New Year. I believe they toured Asia in 2011. Looking forward to their visit in 2013 in any case. Hope it pushes thru despite TBS's health condition. Thanks.

Just to respectfully clarify as I'm responding based on the earlier posts which comprise this thread, the 40th anniversary tour being referred to in this thread is the one that got moved to 2013, right? Technically, 2012 is their 40th year but probably because of their DVD premiere in Sundance, the solo projects of Frey and Walsh, it got moved to 2013. Is my understanding correct? Thanks.
    Last edited by gibsonmartin; 01-01-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Actually, to be clear, they aren't calling it a 40th Anniversary Tour, and on Sunday night, Don referred to 2012 as being the 41st year the band was together, then mentioned 2013 as being #42. Recently, Glenn has referred to an upcoming tour as a retrospective, more or less to go along with the DVD. We know part 1 is being premiered in a few weeks, but we don't know what will happen after that. Movie theaters? In my totally inexpert opinion, a tour would coincide, more or less, with the release of the DVD to stores. If they even do an official retrospective tour. They have not committed to that, only said it was on the table, and they were non-committal about it before Timothy's health issue came up in October.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Va thanks for the clarification.
    I dont think they know what they wanna do...