Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

Not entirely unlikely as they have dates announced in South Africa. It would be a logical place to start or finish even a mini tour of the African continent.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I couldn't see any reference to a possible date in Dubai there. The link went to a Gibson Lifestyle page.
    I thought about it after I posted it. He had the Dubai part in the status part of his message:
    The Eagles are celebrating their 40th Anniversary with many firsts: They're scheduled to play South Africa in April, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival in May and possibly Dubai in 2012!!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

If we don't already have the link in one of Timothy's threads, this has one sentence about Dubai:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_1180328.html

"Eagle-wise, a few gigs are popping up. It looks like we're going to go to South Africa in April, and we're going to do the New Orleans Jazz Festival in May. We're also going to go to Dubai. We're going to go to some places we haven't been."
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

South America should be next. They've never been there.

I suspect that as the amount of Eagles activity grows the likelihood of solo shows will decrease. Fair enough I guess.

Joe's interview makes it sound like some of the old songs they're going to do are going to be accompanied by old footage of them on stage.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Joe's interview makes it sound like some of the old songs they're going to do are going to be accompanied by old footage of them on stage.
    That works for me!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Shoot, if what we're hearing turns out to be true, this tour will be MADE OF AWESOME! I am gonna save my money for an ILAA ticket this round. Yes, it's exorbitant, but I wanna do it just once.

I appreciate that they're going to places they've never been before. Everyone deserves a taste of one of the greatest bands to ever hit the stage, no matter where they live, and the Eagles are giving it to them.

Dubai may seem like a strange choice to some, but it's so Westernized that the Eagles will have no problem selling tickets (as I'm sure they know). My mother lived in Dubai for a few years after terrorist activity at one of the plants my father supervised forced her out of Saudi Arabia - my dad would visit her on their weekends, Thursday and Friday. I visited there myself in 2005 to see them, and truth be told I was kind of dreading it since I had had such a bad experience living in Saudi Arabia when I was 12. Typically, they'd meet my sisters and me in Europe or come to America for summer vacation. However, I was very pleasantly surprised - more accurately, downright shocked - when I arrived in Dubai. It is nothing like Saudi; it's even got a freaking Hard Rock Cafe. I learned the economy is almost entirely based on tourism now, and that means marketing to the Western world - especially Westerners who are planning to spend a lot of money on their vacation. In 2005, one brunch at the Burj Al Arab hotel for four people cost well over $200 - and that's without alcohol or tip (they do charge for water). The Eagles will fit right in, lol, and rock Dubai!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Shoot, if what we're hearing turns out to be true, this tour will be MADE OF AWESOME! I am gonna save my money for an ILAA ticket this round. Yes, it's exorbitant, but I wanna do it just once.

Count me in!!! I've been squirreling away a few bucks as well. I'm hoping their first U.S. date is within a 3 hour flight time from NY-- though I guess I could rough it and go back to the Hollywood Bowl. Doesn't matter where -- I'm in!!

It's good to see the Eagles announcing some tour dates - a few more US ones being listed anyway. I still hope they will make it over to the UK later in the year. Of course London has the Olympics in June/July so I would hope they avoid that as travelling is going to be a nightmare.
    I live near Weymouth & Portland in Dorset, which are hosting the sailing events of the Olympics. We are anticipating lots of problems as it's a small town with poor road links. Many people from this area are planning their summer vacations so as to be away while the Olympics are taking place.

Maybe the Eagles could come over in September(before it gets too cold for the California dwellers). We know they like to be at home during the school summer vacations so don't usually tour during late July or August.

Eagles - please don't forget your UK fans. We want to be part of your 40th Anniversary celebrations too!!

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post

Eagles - please don't forget your UK fans. We want to be part of your 40th Anniversary celebrations too!!
    Here, Here

Saw them at the Hop Farm last year and they were awesome. Would love to see them come over here again this year although i would expect them to concentrate mostly on touring in the US as they only did a handful of gigs over there last year.

But yes.....please come over and let us join in the celebrations