Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: 40TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR?

Ooooh! That sounds very positive both in terms of a 40th Anniversary tour and a new set list. I'd love to hear songs like Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone sung live again. While I know they couldn't include everything on the LROOE tour and obviously they wanted to showcase their new album, I missed those songs.

Just hope they make Europe!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Not sure what more I could ask for! This sounds very exciting!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wonderful!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Check out what Joe says about the upcoming tour in this latest interview:
    "As for the Eagles, Walsh said the Los Angeles band is taking a few months off to retool its live show and revamp its set list.

“We don't want to become a Vegas lounge act,” he said. “We're not done yet, but we need a new show. Everybody's seen our show. ... I think we're going to maybe do a retrospective, almost like a documentary. We're gonna dig up old songs from ‘Desperado' and ‘On the Border,' and we have tons of footage and video stuff. So we're gonna put that all together as a visual from just the early days and play music from the various periods while you're watchin' that.”

It sounds awesome!!

It does sound awesome!
    So, with that in mind, what would everyone like for them to "dig up" and perform? I'm thinking Already Gone, Ol '55 and Good Day in Hell from On The Border and Doolin Dalton and Out of Control from Desperado.

How about everyone else? Any thoughts?

Sounds really exciting!

I would really like to hear them do Victim of Love live. Doolin Dalton would be nice to hear too.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    It does sound awesome!
    So, with that in mind, what would everyone like for them to "dig up" and perform? I'm thinking Already Gone, Ol '55 and Good Day in Hell from On The Border and Doolin Dalton and Out of Control from Desperado.

I'm with you, although I would add Outlaw Man to that. I think it's high time they revisited those two albums and I applaud them for it. I wouldn't be that bothered about Tequila Sunrise if they did those other songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    It does sound awesome!

I like that list. I would add Bitter Creek, but since it's a Bernie song, I suppose it's unlikely. Saturday Night would be good too.

Although I could go without hearing more Desperado tracks (sorry Desperado fans I'm just not into that album! ) I would LOVE to hear more from On The Border. It's my 2nd favorite Eagles album (I always am trying to decide between OTB and TLR as my 2nd fav). I love Already Gone, James Dean, Best Of My Love, On The Border, etc. I'd like to see Joe tear it up on James Dean. I also want Glenn and Stu to play the original twin solos like Glenn and Felder did that was on the record up until Felder was fired. I miss those. I like Joe's version on Farewell 1 but not as much as the Glenn/Felder twin solos actually. I am a stickler about everything being like the record both in listening and in my own playing. And I love that solo.

Even though this isn't really the thread for it, here are the tracks I want to see back in the setlist along with my requirements for me to go to a show.

Add back in: Already Gone (BIG one for me - my 3rd favorite Eagles tune), New Kid In Town, James Dean, Best Of My Love, One Of These Nights, Victim Of Love, Those Shoes, and Wasted Time.

Requirements for a show (I won't budge on): Hotel California, Take It Easy, Life's Been Good (I prefer it to the solo versions as I like the dual guitar solos and Eagles background vocals).
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Both BOML & OOTN are in the current setlist.

I honestly believe that because VOL & Those Shoes were co-written by Felder the band won't ever play them again. So what about HC? That's different.

Sadly, much as I think they should bring back NKIT, I don't think they will, so on a personal level I would be happy with AG & TS, but if they could do James Dean or OOC or Outlaw Man I would love that.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

FP, I thought I read somewhere that they took OOTN out in the last European leg. I didn't pay a lot of attention, I admit.

It will be interesting to see what they do at the Vegas shows in 3 and 5 weeks. Whether it will be the same as previous or a 'tune up' for the new tour. Or even something in between. And I can't wait to hear what they say about it (assuming they say something...).
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.