Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's drawl

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn's drawl

Yes, that was it. I did a search on Glenn's ancestry before, as I usually do with celebs I'm a fan of, and it sent me here and I saw that page too.

But with Glenn's accent I was listening to videos of him talking again and taking into account about the Appalachian people moving to Detroit I can hear it in the way he pronounces certain words. So I do think he grew up around those accents too like most of us in the mid-west.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks for that site, GlennLover! Really cool to finally know Glenn's birth surname. You're so cute with the spoiler alert

We had a lady from Michigan join our office last year. I told her that her twangy midwestern accent reminded me of Glenn Frey. Thankfully, she was amused and not at all offended.

Glenn did have a southern drawl sometimes in the early days but I liken it to his patchy jeans or sparkly belt: it was part of his country-rock persona.

Stuck on the Border

After all these years, too late, we find out what appears to be his birth surname.

The flag of Lebanon springs to mind.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Do I recall correctly that Glenn never reunited with his biological dad after the father abandoned his family?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Do I recall correctly that Glenn never reunited with his biological dad after the father abandoned his family?
    Not as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    After all these years, too late, we find out what appears to be his birth surname.

The flag of Lebanon springs to mind.
    LOL. It appears that the name may be an anglicized version of a French Canadian name. That's probably more likely.

Stuck on the Border

Yes, but which spelling? DuCèdre or DuCidre? Both are listed in the article. DuCèdre means Cedar.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I can't imagine calling Glenn by his biological surname. When I think of cedar, the first thing that comes to mind is the tree!

And as a southerner, whose family has been here in Georgia since the 1800s, I can definitely hear a southern twang to 70s' Glenn's voice.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree. It's weird to think about but Frey suits him better and is his name.

One of the vids I rewatched this morning was actually from when he inducted Linda Ronstadt into the HOF and I still hear the twang part of the accent slightly when he says certain words, which is probably how I speak too but don't notice it. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes, but which spelling? DuCèdre or DuCidre? Both are listed in the article. DuCèdre means Cedar.
    I guess the proper spelling isn't know. It certainly loses some thing in translation. I've never heard "cedar" used as a surname before.

He was definitely Glenn FREY.