Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn golf mentions

Default Glenn golf mentions

In honour of the upcoming Pebble Beach Tournament; Here's a few quotes involving Glenn in regards to golf.

From 1999

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/gol.../Pebble_Beach/

from 1998

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/gol...international/

from 2004

http://www.augusta.com/masters2004/r...otes1999.shtml

Those are great! Thanks for finding them - I've never seen those before.

Here's a cute moment from 2004, courtesy of the San Francisco Chronicle:

"Also on No. 14, rock star Glenn Frey asked a woman in the front row to hold his half-eaten chocolate chip cookie while Frey teed off. Frey nailed his shot, returned to retrieve his cookie and gave Sandi Rowe of San Jose a snazzy guitar pick, with "Eagles 2003" imprinted on one side and "Glenn Frey" on the other."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Haha! I would have eaten it unless he would give me a ...........................autograph?

Love your new av, Soda! Cute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

aww Soda that's cute! Maybe Glenn'll give YOU a cookie to hold at Pebble this year?

That's so funny! OMG how I'd have treasured holding that cookie...forget the pick, just give me the cookie.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Knowing me I would have eaten it myself. Then he would have asked me where it was and I would have said something like 'you and me babe, how about it' (er NO.....) I would have said something like 'what, you can't afford to buy any more'?! :P

Have a great time at PB Soda, PLS & Dreamer.

I think I would break a little piece off of the cookie and eat it. I'm just taking the holder's percentage. Besides, PLS only brings granola bars.

I found this rather harsh mention in an article about the 2000 PGA in the 2001 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

"Singer Glenn Frey locked himself in earnest conversation with pro Craig Stadler after dropping a nice putt at last year's AT&T. 'I think I've finally got the flat stick working,' Frey said, gushing pretension, on his way to the next tee box.

Whereupon he skulled his drive, which dribbled past the ladies' tees and came to rest on a cart path about 20 yards away."

Ouch!

Stuck on the Border

Your last story, Nancy, reminded me that Steve has a book on golfing that contains a chapter of "famous golf quotes". Here are a few:

"I have a tip that can take five strokes off of anyone's game, it's called an eraser." -Arnold Palmer

"The number of shots taken by an opponent who is out of sight is equal to the square root of the sum of the number of curses heard plus the number of swishes." -Michael Green

"The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so that you can't see him laughing". -Phyllis Diller

"If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt." -Dean Martin

"Golf is a good walk spoiled." -Mark Twain

"When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit."
    -Author Unknown (Cindy Frey?)

"Real golfers, no matter what the provacation, never strike their caddie with an iron. A sand wedge is much more effective."
    -Huxtable Pippey

"Drugs are very much a part of professional sports today. But when you think about it, golf is the only sport where the player doesn't get penalized for being on grass." -Bob Hope

"They call it golf because all the other four letter words were taken." -Raymond Floyd

"I know I'm getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators." -Gerald Ford

"Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle." -Author Unknown

"Golf and sex are the only two things you can enjoy without being good at." -Jimmy DeMeret (obviously a man said that)
    [

lol! Great quotes. I especially liked the commentary on the last one!