Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don's Sexiest Songs

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don's Sexiest Songs

As Dreamer added a voice of dissent about Miss Ghost, I will add one about (gulp) I Will Not Go Quietly. I used to like it a lot but I now think it is one of his 'trying too hard' songs. It doesn't convince me at all. The 'wrap your lovin' arms' part... I don't know, perhaps you have to be a real 'Don girl' to appreciate that (I do understand why Henley fans seem to love it so much). I do like the other part Troub quoted about 'who do you think I think I am' but I'm sorry, overall I like this song less & less the more I hear it.

OK, well, now that I have uttered such heresy:

The Boys Of Summer - yes.
    The Last Worthless Evening - yes.
    Taking You Home - yes, although I don't like the song much.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-22-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I do, of course, love Don's voice. However, I honestly don't find everything he sings sexy. The lyrics in some of his songs are far from being sexy, and when I focus on them, I'm usually concentrating too hard on the song's message to find it sexy - I'm talking about songs like Johnny Can't Read, Nobody's Business, Them and Us, or They're Not Here, They're Not Coming. However, there are a couple that haven't been mentioned - I find The End of the Innocence to be very sexy when I apply the interpretation of a love affair to it instead of a scathing commentary of the Reagan administration. Also, In spite of the state of the affair in You Don't Me At All - I think it has a very sexy vibe.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I mentioned The End Of The Innocence and You Don't Know Me At All! I completely agree with you about those songs.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Sometimes it's a certain performance. And it doesn't have to be a solo song. I'm getting sick of the temp being so high, so I used it as an excuse to listen to last year's performance of Please Come Home for Christmas. His voice was amazing, and yeah, it's a Christmas song, but it was sexy, too. He's the sexiest when he's the most passionate. Just thinking about some performances makes my heart race!!!
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

I have to agree with Judy about Please come home for Christmas. Sometimes when I hear it I can feel myself getting emotional it is so passionate.

With that said I love every song Don sings. His voice is amazing! He could sing the phonebook and I would swoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Sometimes it's a certain performance. And it doesn't have to be a solo song. I'm getting sick of the temp being so high, so I used it as an excuse to listen to last year's performance of Please Come Home for Christmas. His voice was amazing, and yeah, it's a Christmas song, but it was sexy, too. He's the sexiest when he's the most passionate. Just thinking about some performances makes my heart race!!!
    So listening to Don is supposed to cool you down?? Definitely wouldn't work for me...

And are you referring to the Eagles in Melbourne last year (I heard PCHFC there and it was FANTASTIC) - if so, is it available on line??

And on the theme of specific performances - EIDN on Live Inside Job is IMHO very sexy - and there's no freaky video to kill the mood!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I also think Get Over It from HFO is also very sexy - the delivery of the song & Don's attitude rather than the song itself.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I'm gonna surprise everyone here with what I'm about to say. Despite Don and I's differences in the past, I think everything he sings is sexy as hell!!! I LOVE Don Henley's voice and believe he could sing the alphabet and I would just melt. It's all about his voice for me. I don't know every song like I'm sure a lot of you do so I'm no expert as far as what lyrics are the sexiest. To me a song doesn't have to have "sexy" lyrics to make me shudder. KWIM?
    I was going to quote Lou and agree that everything he sings sounds sexy to me, .......but,........ then I saw what Willie wrote and have to agree here too. After reading Lou's I was thinking that he could sing me a nursery rhyme and I'd be gone but alphabet would do it too. Can't even really tell you my favourite of his. Love them all.
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    So listening to Don is supposed to cool you down?? Definitely wouldn't work for me...

And are you referring to the Eagles in Melbourne last year (I heard PCHFC there and it was FANTASTIC) - if so, is it available on line??

And on the theme of specific performances - EIDN on Live Inside Job is IMHO very sexy - and there's no freaky video to kill the mood!
    Yes, I am referring to the Eagles in Melbourne. It's not online any longer. If you can tell me how to get it to you I will. It's 7.09 MB (a QuickTime mp4). AOL won't let me send something that big, and I can't post it on here, either. If you can figure out how I can share it, I'd be glad to.
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    EK. ITA!!!

As far as PCHFC - I agree, Don sounds very sexy in that one. I checked DHO, but I didn't see any downloads of the song. There may be a slight chance that you can find something on YouTube. I was thinking there was a video on YouTube when they performed it at the Australian show, but I could be wrong. Even if I'm right, it may have been taken down by now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016