Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don's Sexiest Songs

Default Re: Don's Sexiest Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    I was going to quote Lou and agree that everything he sings sounds sexy to me, .......but,........ then I saw what Willie wrote and have to agree here too. After reading Lou's I was thinking that he could sing me a nursery rhyme and I'd be gone but alphabet would do it too. Can't even really tell you my favourite of his. Love them all.
    I agree. He could sing the alphabet and it would sound great--as long as he sang it with passion. It's all about the passion. Best of My Love at Atlantic Bank Center in Georgia--awesome--sung very passionately. Best of My Love in Singapore--not so much. Just a so-so performance IMO.
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's all about the passion.
    Amen!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Yep. It's all about the passion. For me, it all comes down to "Wasted Time" -- the Hell Freezes Over live version.
    Everytime I hear it -- without fail -- it amazes me how perfect that live performance was. IMHO it's his masterpiece.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

HH--you make a good point about certain versions of specific songs being more memorable than other performances or album versions.

Example: Heart Of The Matter has always and will always be my favorite Don song, but the Christchurch version is my favorite performance of it. The way his voice starts cracking about half way thru it and he gets almost raspy.... It makes me shed tears every time I see that video or hear the audio on my Ipod. Soooo much emotion (or the fact the weather was taking it's toll on his voice) in that particular version of it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

That Christchurch performance gets me too, Willie. So raw. You can see him grimacing when his voice cracks and it's just so frickin' sexy! I need to watch that again sometime soon...

HH, I totally agree with you about the HFO version of Wasted Time. It was that particular song and performance that made me fall in love with Don. Completely. The lyrics of Wasted Time spoke to me, even more than HOTM at that point, and I literally didn't think I'd heard a sexier voice in my life. I also love him playing drums and those profile shots as he sings... Everything about it is emotional and just plain HOT.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I agree with all your thoughts on those two performances. HFO Wasted Time is perfect. His timing is so perfect and his voice is so heart wrenching. Loved that whole concert. They got some good camera shots of him on the drums during the Joe songs, too. TBF, now I want to go listen to Christchurch HOTM again. You described it so well. Felder's tapping on the guitar adds to the pleasure for me.
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ok, now I need to watch it too! It's been a while!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - now you all have gone and given me more Eagles homework to do. It just never ends! (And I'm complaining about this, why???)

As far as Don's sexiest songs, there are far too many of them to count, IMHO! I could never pick just one.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I agree with all your thoughts on those two performances. HFO Wasted Time is perfect. His timing is so perfect and his voice is so heart wrenching. Loved that whole concert. They got some good camera shots of him on the drums during the Joe songs, too. TBF, now I want to go listen to Christchurch HOTM again. You described it so well. Felder's tapping on the guitar adds to the pleasure for me.
    Is the video a personal one or is it online somewhere? I would love to watch it. HOTM is probably my top pick for sexist song, but there are so many others. I love his performance with Brian Adams of Everybody Knows and I love his performance of It Don't Matter to the Sun. In fact I wish he would record that one.

I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll fumble through, then someone can give her a helpful answer.

I have never ripped, burned, whatever a cd or dvd in my life. I know the Christchurch concert (or maybe billed as New Zealand) has been on dimeadozen and or sugarmegs before, both of which I do not know how to use. I have a copy of the whole concert on DVD that someone made for me. I don't know how to separate HOTM from the rest. Soda has lots of the songs up, but not HOTM. That is the extent of my help. Sorry! I'm sure someone on here can help.