Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)

Default Re: DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Seems like every-other release is a poor one though.
    You got that right. It's always every other release is poor. So Windows 8 may not be so good but Windows 9 should be. Windows 8 is coming out next year.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Good as any I guess...a place to post:

I've been on the search for Drum Loops to use as backings for recordings and found a site that really is free and supported by members of "the community". The only problem is that it is 99% RAP or HIP-HOP <LOL> Really have to spend a lot of time listening to the loops they post there to find anything that can be used as backings for "POP", "ROCK" or "BLUES".

I find that most of the samples being sold on eBay also are Hip-Hop though most of them have a few blues or swing or pop loops. So many of them come with synth noise recorded along with the percussion loops.

I may have to knuckle down and try to develop my own rhythm loops and I really don't have the time or skill to do that. 'I don't got the rhythm in me" <LOL>

MikeA

Just testing. Thought I might need to come up with a note-worthy sig.

MikeA

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    For me, Macs are the better OS.... Pretty much no viruses or security concerns, fast, no crashes, and it's very reliable. Compatibility with Windows is spotty at times, I won't deny that.

But I also will say in the same breath, the work Microsoft has done in Windows 7 has truly impressed me both as a computer user and a computer technician/repair person. Maybe they are finally catching up on what people want from a computer. Speed, security, and reliability. All very important.
    WF, I have a question about my Mac. Didn't know where else to ask. Hope it's ok here.

I have somehow deleted Safari out of my dock and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back there. Can you tell me?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten