Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Grammys 2007

Default The Grammys 2007

So, who watched the Grammys?

It was a bookend show for me. The best parts were the very end and the very beginning.

I waited all night to see Don, who closed the show. I thought he looked great and he was typically Don--when Scarlett Johansson asked him if he had any words of advice for her new album, and he said "No," she looked puzzled and I just laughed. I loved his shout-out to the Chicks and I'm so glad he got to give them their last award of the night.

I loved it that they opened up with the Police, and Sting, who I also adore, looked fabulous.

I thought the tribute to the Eagles was very well done too. Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood did an excellent job covering three Eagles songs. Why they didn't cut away to show a shot of Don in the audience after Reba finished talking about his MusiCares award, I'll never know.

BTW, there is an excellent little video from the MusiCares gala on the Grammy site.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I've just watched the Grammy's. I had to tape it since they televised it at night (for us Europeans).
    I didn't know Don appeared at the end of the show so I always thought I missed it. He looked a bit different with that longer hair but still great.
    Our TV station spoiled the beginning of the show so I couldn't see The Police because of image interferences several times.
    Carrie Underwood did a great job with but I was a bit dissappointed by Rascall Flatts. I didn't like their performance. But that's just my opinion.

Heres Don presenting:

And here he is I'm guessing at the after parties with Sting:

So goodbye rodeo, it's a long funny way for a man to go...

That is a hilarious picture of Don with Sting. That's Sting's wife, Trudie, beside them laughing her head off.

BTW, both of those men looked absolutely gorgeous last night!

That's a great picture, FF! Looks like the champagne may have been flowing! I didn't know Don was going to appear. It sounds as if it was a cool show.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Loved the tribute to the Eagles......although Rascal Flatts butchered HC. BUT.......I thought they did a great job on LITFL with Carrie Underwood! And I thought Carrie did an excellent job on Desperado!

I think Don's reply to Scarlett was supposed to be humorous but nobody got it. And I think that's why he giggled. lol

I'm not a fan of the Dixie Chicks so I wasn't impressed with their wins.........but I thought it was so cute how excited Don got when they won! lol

John Mayer was excellent as well! I have to admit, I even enjoyed Justin Timberlake's peformances!

OH.......and I was very suprised too that they didn't cut away to Don either after Reba mentioned him or after/during the tribute. I was also kind of suprised that he didn't mention it at all during his presentation at the end.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I haven't seen the whole show yet, but I did get home in time to see Rascal Flatts playing HC and Carrie Underwood do Desperado. I really like Rascal Flatts, but NOT doing Eagles songs. I thought Carrie did ok on D.

But really, I don't especially like ANYBODY doing Eagles songs. They just can't do them right. jmo!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    But really, I don't especially like ANYBODY doing Eagles songs. They just can't do them right. jmo!
    That's funny, Brooke. Yesterday RG told me exactly the same.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I am bummed! I put my tape of the Grammys in to watch last night and all I got was whitenoise!

Maybe they will replay it soon! I really wanted to see Sting and the Police!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

haha I found video of Don and Scarlett presenting at the Grammy's... he's so cute in it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=frQiLahGQTU
    So goodbye rodeo, it's a long funny way for a man to go...