Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Book Club

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: The Border Book Club

Been going crazy on the rock autobiographies lately. Finished Life by Keith, reading Red by Sammy right now and have Appetite for My Destruction, Clapton, Ozzy and about a dozen more lined up behind it. Also have Steve Tyler's preordered for next month.

Thanks for the recommendation Carole. Will be getting them both.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I've almost finished reading ''Room'' by Emma Donoghue. It is an amazing book - I would highly recommend it! It is written from the perspective of a five year old boy named Jack, who has been kept in a locked room with his mother since birth. It's sad, funny, heartbreaking, inspiring, endearing and different to anything I've read before. I raced through it... Couldn't put it down. I'd be really interested to hear what other people think, if you do read it.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Just finished Stephen King's latest "Full Dark, No Stars".

The book is comprised of 4 short stories. I was so excited when I picked the book up and realized I was getting short stories. Some of his best work has been in that format (not to mention the best movies made from his work ie. Shawshank Redemption and Stand By Me).

He's back to his true form with these stories. So, if you're a fan of his, you'll absolutely love it! Be prepared to take a walk on the dark side. Can't wait to see the movie versions of a couple of them!
    [

Finished Red by Sammy Hagar this weekend. He had a whole chapter dedicated to our own Irving Azoff. Good and bad things to say about him. Calls him a genius but also states that he almost to interested in making money with his bigger acts than the smaller ones. Also says he's very good at making problems so he can solve them to look good.

How did you like the "Red" book Willie? I have it, Ozzy's book, Steven Tyler's new book, Nikki Sixx's book, and Eddie Trunk's new photo book on my list to get and probably will add Sammy's book too.

Did you hear that Duff McKagan (sp) is writing a new book?!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Loved Red but I'm a huge Red Rocker fan so not very surprising. I will warn anyone who's going to read it to expect horrible things about Eddie & Alex. I doubt any of them are untrue but it was very disturbing to read some of the stuff. I had no idea that Eddie had gotten into the shape he had. Very sad really. And there is no love lost at all between Sammy and David Lee Roth. I had no idea that Sammy was such a business man! Not only the tequilla business, but he's had many business ventures that have done him very well over the years.

Speaking of DLR--if you haven't read it yet, read David's book also. I've always been more of a Van Hagar than Van Halen girl and not a huge David fan but I found a whole new respect for him after reading it. It could have been called the "I Love Myself" book but I expected that.

Austin-I also took your advice and started reading Steven Adler's book last night. Of course it's still early in the book (before the really bad stuff) but I think I'm gonna like it.

Next up will be Steve Tyler's book I have preordered for next month. Can't wait. I also have Ozzy here and ready to go and Clapton up soon also.

You made my day about the Duff book!!! I hadn't heard he was doing that! Slash's was my favorite rock autobiography yet, and like I said, I'm sure I'm going to like Steven's so will really look forward to Duff's!

Austin needs to quit talking about books because every time he does, it cost me money!!

While looking for Eddie Trunk's book on Amazon, I noticed that Zak Wylde also has a new book. About $40 later I have Eddie's book plus 2 by Ted Nugent. I have an addiction and I need HELP!!! And a whole lot more time to read all these!

But they help you be the rock & roll expert that you are! Keep reading!

And then share little tidbits with us!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

It's funny you should bring that up. While I was posting John Kay's birthday in the birthday thread this morning, I was actually thinking about when I posted it last year (and we're all still here!) and added about him being legally blind. A few of you asked, how in the world do I know these things!?! Well, you've all learned now! Just worthless little rock n roll trivia tidbits I retain as I read these books.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'd forgotten that Willie. I do remember reading that last year, too. What a shame.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten