Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Book Club

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: The Border Book Club

Thanks Austin. It's now been preordered. And of course when you order, it brings up other suggestions so I also was forced to buy Scott Weiland's book that comes out in a little over a week. Damn Amazon and their suggestions and tempting free shipping for orders over $25!!

Received Steven Tyler's book yesterday so hope to get it started this weekend!! Very cool pictures in it and looks to be a pretty good story.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I definitely know what you mean, Willie. I have quite a list over at Amazon. I need to go ahead and order so I can get started on them!

I want Steven's book, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm not sure if you are a Journey fan Willie but there is a new Journey book coming out - the only one out there that I've heard of.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Stop-Believin-Untold-Journey/dp/1849386579/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1304849049&sr=1-1[/ame]

PS: How is Steven's book? I really want to get that one. Aerosmith is one of my favorite bands of all time.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 05-09-2011 at 01:48 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I love Journey but I think I'd want an "official" book, KWIM?

I'm only about 100 pages into Steven's book and he is cracking me up!!! He's talking about his childhood in Yonkers (his family was very eccentric) and his teen years about some of the rock and roll stars he would run into in New York (how he went to a Zeppelin concert and saw the girl he was living with at the time coming out of a dressing room with Jimmy Page-explaining she always did love rock stars and how he first saw Joe Perry who made the best french fries ever at a roller rink he frequented). I think it's going to be a great read. Some great pictures in it also.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I love Journey but I think I'd want an "official" book, KWIM?

I'm only about 100 pages into Steven's book and he is cracking me up!!! He's talking about his childhood in Yonkers (his family was very eccentric) and his teen years about some of the rock and roll stars he would run into in New York (how he went to a Zeppelin concert and saw the girl he was living with at the time coming out of a dressing room with Jimmy Page-explaining she always did love rock stars and how he first saw Joe Perry who made the best french fries ever at a roller rink he frequented). I think it's going to be a great read. Some great pictures in it also.
    Yeah an official Journey book would be nice but I don't see it happening. I like some of the biographies and stuff written by other people that were close to the band, autobiographies are nice but I also enjoy some of the stuff written by outside people. Stephen Davis writes some good ones about Led Zeppelin, GNR, etc. I'll probably get this book just because I don't see any autobiographies coming out anytime soon. Kind of like my Eagles books, the only "official" one is Heaven and Hell, even though To The Limit had some interviews in it - I don't consider it an official book. IMO, official means written by someone in the band. Not just an outside story that the band authorizes. IMO there is no difference between an outside story that is authorized or not. Both can be good. I just like reading the stories anyway - hehehehe!

Glad to hear the Steven Tyler book is going well. Hope to get it soon!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

This one doesn't really interest me to much but maybe someone here would like to know about it. For Billy Corgan. My daughter will probably be all over it.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...autobiography/
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 05-11-2011 at 06:08 PM.

...just to say that I finally bought a KINDLE....they're still not available in Canada, but got it through Amazon.com, and so far, I'm LOVING it....I've already read 2 books off it...the only thing that bothers me is that some books are not available in Canada....BUMMER....hope that changes soon.........

I'm reading the paperback current re-issue of Scott Turow's through-composed, concisely descriptive flowing prose in "Presumed Innocent."

Willie - How did Steven's book turn out?! I have a list of books to get that's about 2 pages long but that one is at the top of the list. I really love Aerosmith. Then my rock book collection will be complete until someone else writes another. I'd REALLY like for Axl Rose to do an autobiography as well as Joe Perry from Aerosmith, one of my faves. Also would love to see a Walsh autobiography but I have a feeling that probably won't happen. But I love reading these rock memoir's and biographies/autobiographies! I love reading about all of the excess too of course! Can't get enough of those stories!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I'm about 2/3 through it (not enough time to read everything I want to read as fast as I want to). He's hysterical sometimes but kinda all over the place. I actually had to set it down yesterday because it was p*ssing me off a bit with his "feel sorry for me" attitude in the chapter I'm reading. Talking about how his wives didn't understand that rock stars have to look and sleep with other women because it's "their jobs" and how no one understands how hard he's got it putting in 12 hour days and that guitarists have techs to change their strings but no one can fix his voice, yadda, yadda, yadda..... Yeah, right Steven---poor, poor pitiful you, so misunderstood and abused!!! Geesh!

Anyways, it's pretty good tho. Can't wait to finish it. Not sure what's next, thinking one of Nugent's books. Can't wait to get my hands on Duff's and Scott Weiland's books in October. (Scott's is already out but I wanted to save on postage so ordered them together, so I have to wait).

BTW--Heard Billy Idol is writing a book also. The Sirius dj said that those that have read parts of it says it's fabulous and that he doesn't need a co-writer because he does such a great job himself. That should be a good one!

So many books, so little time to indulge!!