Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Book Club

Default Re: The Border Book Club

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFanatic View Post
    I just bought Long Ago And Far Away-James Taylor; His Life And Music written by Timothy White. It looks great! Has anyone here read it?
    No, but looking forward to your thoughts once you've read it

Have just finished Philippa Gregory's The White Queen and Antonia Fraser's Six Wives of Henry VIII - enjoyed both very much, thanks for the recommendations.

Antonia Fraser was very readable, with some astute commentary.

The Frank Moorhouse "Grand Days" book has just come in from the library.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

There is a new book coming out about Fleetwood Mac that looks like it might be interesting:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1402786301/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_g14_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER &pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1KAKAAPJAF2SQ9PPN8CT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =470938631&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

Also there is a new book coming out about Mick Jagger:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Jagger-Rebel-Rock-Rambler-Rogue/dp/1592406556/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314753653&sr=1-1[/ame]
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-30-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

The publisher of the FM book is the same one who put out Andrew Vaughn's Eagles book. I wonder if this one will be along the same lines?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    There is a new book coming out about Fleetwood Mac that looks like it might be interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...pf_rd_i=507846

Also there is a new book coming out about Mick Jagger:

http://www.amazon.com/Jagger-Rebel-R...4753653&sr=1-1
    Oh, Austin, we need to win the lottery to keep up with these, don't we? Going to Amazon now to check them out and preorder if it's available.

Looking forward to October when a couple of my already preordered books will be published. I know Duff McKagan is one of them but I can't even remember which other one(s) I have coming. That's ridiculous!

ETA: Duff, Scott Weiland and duh.... The new Eagles book all preordered for October. How could I forget the Eagles book? Geesh!! Just preordered the 2 above, Mick is scheduled to be released next week but to save on the shipping, I went ahead and ordered it to come with the FM one in October also.

Looks like a lot of new stuff for October--glad I ordered my new glasses last night.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I just read The Help. It was great and very funny! I'd like to see the movie too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I have a couple friends who absolutely love The Help and have recommended it to me. They enjoyed the movie, too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I just read The Help. It was great and very funny! I'd like to see the movie too.
    A friend and I went to see the movie Monday. It was excellent, 2 hours 17 mins and no one moved from their seat the whole time. A fascinating look at life in '62 Mississippi.

Got the book today, more detailed than the movie, highly recommend both.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Oh, Austin, we need to win the lottery to keep up with these, don't we? Going to Amazon now to check them out and preorder if it's available.

Looking forward to October when a couple of my already preordered books will be published. I know Duff McKagan is one of them but I can't even remember which other one(s) I have coming. That's ridiculous!

ETA: Duff, Scott Weiland and duh.... The new Eagles book all preordered for October. How could I forget the Eagles book? Geesh!! Just preordered the 2 above, Mick is scheduled to be released next week but to save on the shipping, I went ahead and ordered it to come with the FM one in October also.

Looks like a lot of new stuff for October--glad I ordered my new glasses last night.
    No kidding! So many coming out. I'm addicted to these books though. I love reading about all of the innocent things and the great things they've done.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Received notice over the weekend that all of my pre-ordered books are being prepared for shipping. I will be receiving Mick Jagger, Scott Weiland and Duff McKagan's autobiographies and the new books about the Eagles & Fleetwood Mac. I also had 2 new cds pre-ordered that are being released this week also, the new Chickenfoot and the ZZ Top Tribute cds. I'll be busy when all of these arrive....and BROKE!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Ah but you'll have fun Willie! Enjoy them all! You deserve a treat.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP