Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Border Book Club

Default Re: The Border Book Club

That might be a good idea...I am wondering if the trio really is going to return to Hogwarts or not. I absolutely do love that series...like I said, I only started the first one to be on the same page (pun intended) as Ethan when he began the series about 6 yrs ago. I figured I'd better be familiar enough about that aspect of pop culture, because it wasn't going away anytime soon in my life, not with 2 boys. Now, I just love the books for their own sake!

There's two other books that have been on my list, however, that I might get to first: A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson, and The Daily Coyote by Shreve Stockton. The first is a humorous account of a trek on the Appalachian Trail, and I've actually forgotton what the second is about. It was recommended to me by one of my good clients, and I have a feeling it is about dogs or coyotes or both!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border

EV, once you have read A Walk In The Woods, read Bryson's other books, starting with The Lost Continent. He is absolutely brilliant.

OK...I'll recommend that to my friend who told me about A Walk in the Woods!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

My friend Colleen Poulter, author of The Wong way to Marry has a link on her myspace page now for a free chapter of her book. I highly suggest reading this book to any and all Eagles/ 70s rock and roll fans. It's a great book and a fun read.
    The Wong Way to Marry

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Ticky--I LOVE the titles she has given the chapters. I really liked these couple of chapters, I'm afraid I would have to get out of that house if I had a mother and grandmother like those! Geez!!! LOVED the reference to Zeppelin's John Bonham in the 2nd chapter. Also, I would love to hear what a Cantonese version of Rock Around The Clock would sound like.

She's a friend of yours huh? How do I get my hands on the book? Is it really being turned into a film? COOL!!

ETA---forget it, I found where to order it. But I'm cheap because I buy so many books and can't afford to pay full price, so I will hold off till I can get it cheaper on ebay or half.com. Found a couple copies on ebay already. Has she written other books?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very cute! And very tempting with all those references to Eagles, rock & roll, and all.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    ETA---forget it, I found where to order it. But I'm cheap because I buy so many books and can't afford to pay full price, so I will hold off till I can get it cheaper on ebay or half.com. Found a couple copies on ebay already. Has she written other books?
    I have two copies. PM me your address and I'll send you one of mine. It's a great read! She has another book about to be published and one in the editing process and she just sent me the premise for her 4th book. She's pretty cool! I met her on Myspace after I read her book and she's following Kevin Borich on tour right now as his official photographer *G* Very cool! She's a HUGE Felder fan too. AND she's met Joe!! *G* Her husband, Brad, is a session guitarist and works with Kevin on a regular basis so they're friends and she and Brad got to meet Joe when he was working with Kevin.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Kevin Borich, he's a guitarist right? I know it sounds familiar but can't place who he is other than guitar.

That is a very nice offer Rhonda. I'll PM you and will gladly pay you for it. I just almost always get my books off ebay or half.com because I buy so many because I read all the time and books are so expensive. It's inevitable that at Christmas I get Barnes & Nobles gift cards and I always feel extra "special" when I get to walk into that store and buy brand new books!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I buy all my books on Booksamillion.com, that way, you don't have to go to the store to buy it. I just put another Elton book on my wish list, Can you tell I love that man?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've been bored and thinking about finding something to read lately, so was looking here for recommendations.

Some I forgot to mention:

The Little House On The Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I love these! There are several, like 6 or 8, in the series. I read them to my kids, myself, and my kids read them to themselves! They are so cute and informative about life in days gone by.

Also, The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett and Sandra M. Gilbert. Soooooo cute! Me and my daughter have read it multiple times.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten