Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Germany and Austria

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Congratulations Germany % Austria

Welcome from me too, Chaz and CJ. Glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. I would actually be shocked if they don't play some dates in the UK. I doubt if they've ever done a European tour without playing the UK, have they?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I was delighted to hear the Germany and Austria were going to host concerts. Then came the news that Norway looks to be hosting too. I really want London to be announced too as I HAVE to see the Eagles live at least once. More if I can

(Just not on July 4th please I am off to see Take That at Wembley with my 13 year old daughter, my niece, great nephew and a couple of firends too. )

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

And a few Irish dates as well! PLEASE
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Annabel View Post
    (Just not on July 4th please I am off to see Take That at Wembley with my 13 year old daughter, my niece, great nephew and a couple of firends too. )
    I think i'd be willing to forego Take That to see the Guys!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Well it could be a trade off if the guys, sorry when the guys visit this year. (Mind you I think she'd come along for the train ride alone. She loves trains. )
    Melanie

Default Re: HOP FARM FESTIVAL JULY 1ST KENT, ENGLAND

Quote Originally Posted by cjhill View Post
    According to JoeWalsh.com they are off to Iceland and added a 2nd Austria date, puzzled as to why there is no mention of this gig. I know its a festival but they have listed the Norweigan wood festival date. Maybe its because they will play such a short setlist its hardly worth mentioning I hope not!!!
    I may be putting this in the wrong place but as I was answering this I went ahead.
    This '2nd Austrian date' seems to be the same date as the 1st show only in a different place in Austria. I can only see the one Austrian show - now in Graz instead of Vienna. Unless I am going mad. No rushing to tell me if I am.

Taken from - http://www.eaglesband.com/tour.php

6-9 Reykjavik, IcelandNyja Laugardalshollin
    6-12 Stavanger, NorwayThe Viking Stadium
    6-13 Oslo, NorwayNorwegian Wood
    6-15 Aalborg, DenmarkHjallerup
    6-17 Sundsvall, SwedenNorrporten Arena
    6-19 Wiesbaden, GermanyBowling Green Open Air
    6-21 Cologne, GermanyLanxess Arena
    6-23 Berlin, GermanyWaldbuhne
    6-25 Graz, AustriaSchwarzl Freizeitzentrum
    6-26 Munich, GermanyKonigsplatz
    6-28 Hamburg, GermanyColourline Arena

Dreamer, I'm finding it hard to be patient already!
    Last edited by Annabel; 02-24-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Melanie

Default Re: Eagles in Germany and Austria

I'm majorly confused about this Austrian date, too. I'm not sure whether I should change the information from Vienna to this new place, or wait and see if there is some kind of mistake!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Northern Germany to be exact; a little town called Norderstedt, just outside of Hamburg.

Post Concert in Hamburg Germany

Happy happy Joy joy,

Glenn, Don, Tim and Joe are coming to the Colour Line arena in Hamburg on the 28th of June. I managed to pick up tickets; but it didn't take long and I have found out that the venue is sold out. This is the third time I have seen them in Hamburg (of the 4 times since I have been here in Germany.) I am driving my wife nuts, either one album is on when she gets home or another. But she is a good head with it all and I'll have to listen to her bubble gum pop (top 40) as of the 29th again. (there is no god.....)
    Any word out there as to how they are sounding? In 2007, Glenn and Tim were having a hard time hitting the high notes. Joe stayed Joe and Don did okay too and it didn't bother the 14000 people in the arena (sold out house at the Colour line arena). And I came home not being able to speak anymore after singing with them with every song. (Which my wife appreciated for a couple of days......LoL )

I'm counting down the days and marking a red X on the calendar for every day that goes by up to the concert date.

Does anyone know if they have started using simflylive here? It would be great to have the concert on MP3 right after the concert. Simply Red did it the last two years and we got both concerts on usb right after the concert. It would be great if the Eagles could do that too.

Have a great day and

take it easy

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Concert in Hamburg Germany

Hey Ex-Canadian - So glad for you that you will be going to a show soon (and a little bit ). Honestly, I've been to several shows and have seen all of the guys struggle with their voices from time to time - but not all at the same time. I guess at their age, it's little wonder that this happens, but, fortunately, it is the exception rather than the norm. However, IMO, with four singers, even if one is struggling a bit, you will still get an awesome show. From what I've observed, when one of them starts out struggling, their voice actually get stronger during the show.

Having mp3s of a concert would be awesome, but I've never heard anything about the Eagles doing anything like this. The most I've been hoping for is another live DVD. But, as we always say with these guys - never say never!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Eagles in Germany and Austria

I haven't heard of them doing that either, and I'd be very surprised if it happened. But as dreamer says, you never know!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten