Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A video interview with Joe's guitar tech

Default A video interview with Joe's guitar tech

It's a video interview with Joe's guitar tech, Mark Reis. He talks about the Eagles. He comes in the video towards the middle (around 38mins in)!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11825330

Joe takes 28 guitars to every show... Holy shiznit! I only have 25 total!!!! LOL! I'll be getting more in the future. I'm just never gonna stop until I have the biggest guitar collection in the whole world.

He talks about the Eagles tours, what Joe is like, jamming with Joe (the tech is a player himself), the "circle of fear", Joe's guitars (but I wish there would have been more info on this), and the future of music and his other acts he's worked with.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 01-12-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: A video interview with Joe's guitar tech

I haven't had time to listen to this one this morning (but may have heard at some point in the past). I imagine it would be difficult for him to discuss an entire barrage of instruments he maintains for Joe since I would assume that Joe changes the "line up" fairly often.

But it would be really interesting to hear him talk about some of the favorites. Maybe some of the Carvins he's used and maybe the PRS. I don't know how much Joe uses PRS these days, but for a while, and not too long ago, he endorsed them and posed for ads.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I haven't had time to listen to this one this morning (but may have heard at some point in the past). I imagine it would be difficult for him to discuss an entire barrage of instruments he maintains for Joe since I would assume that Joe changes the "line up" fairly often.

But it would be really interesting to hear him talk about some of the favorites. Maybe some of the Carvins he's used and maybe the PRS. I don't know how much Joe uses PRS these days, but for a while, and not too long ago, he endorsed them and posed for ads.
    I know he has one PRS, a Mira, he uses for slide guitar.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thanks for this, Austin!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Thanks for this, Austin!
    You're very welcome!!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I don't think you'll ever catch up with Joe (or Jimmy Page for that matter) in numbers of guitars <LOL>

MikeA

I don't think you'll ever catch up with Joe (or Jimmy Page for that matter) in numbers of guitars <LOL>
    Never say never... I won't stop til I die, and unfortunately I have a lot more years left in me than they do. Last year I bought 6 guitars.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I would be overwhelmed by the shear numbers of guitars that Walsh and Page have. They both have about 40 years head start on you <LOL> But I do hope you accomplish it!

MikeA

I would be overwhelmed by the shear numbers of guitars that Walsh and Page have. They both have about 40 years head start on you <LOL> But I do hope you accomplish it!
    They may have a headstart but I still have a lot of years left in me. I will have a huge collection. I'm only 22 now, imagine when I'm 82. I'll have a LOT of years to collect. They'll be long gone before I get up to the amount, but I have full intentions to do so. Don't doubt me! I've only been collection since 2007 and I've already got close to his live amount (25). I have no plans to stop. I'll buy guitars til the day I die. And I'll play them too in my bands I am in. I won't just put them in closets. I'll play every one of them.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

You definitely got my blessin' Austin. Me, well, I think I'll collect dust. I can afford that <LOL>

MikeA