Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

Default What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

If we're lucky enough to get a new DVD out of this concert series... what would we all like to see as the "Bonus Features" ??

I'd like to see one of the better known harmonies broken apart - i.e. with each of them singing their own part and then have it put back together again.

On the same sort of theme I'd like to hear a little of their individual instrumentals too. I sometimes focus so much on the beautiful vocals that I don't take in how good they are at playing...

What's involved in setting up the stage and in between each song - I lost track of how many guitars Joe played in Melbourne - but obviously there is a lot of work involved in getting the right instruments for them all in the right place for the right song.. it could be quite cool to have a bit of a "behind the scenes" look at what's involved.

A feature on how they choose what's going to be in the concert, what order it's going to be in etc...

I'd love to hear all your suggestions

Default Re: What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

I'm not greedy. I'd just like to see every little detail of the behind the scenes stuff from the moment they arrive to the venue for rehearsal til the moment they leave for the next concert.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I'd love to see a small bio of each member of the band. Nothing detailed maybe just a little personal information and some candid shots of them at home and behind the scenes. I think each of them have talented children who are trying to break into the business. Perhaps they could be included in scenes performing with their parents.
    I love the concert shots and the whole DVD of the concerts idea, but I really loved the intimacy of Hell Freezes Over. Im not sure how they'd accomplish that, but I'd like to see a more intimate surrounding, maybe a behind the scenes kind of angle mixed in with the concert performance.

LOL, Jess.

I know this might be wishful thinking, but I'd just love to see more casual, improvised stuff... The "whose guitar is this?" part from Farewell 1 is one of my favourite bits ever. It's so funny, and it shows how the guys interact... Joe's gentle teasing of Don. It's so friggin' cute! I also love the interview with Glenn and Joe. Hilarious. I'd just love to see more funny outtakes, behind the scenes snippets... sound checks, the guys messing around and being "normal". They've all got great senses of humour, contrary to popular belief - I wish they'd allow them to be shown more.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I'd love to see a new DVD that came with a complimentary Strat or LP to jam along with them on. At least an effects pedal.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I'd love to see a new DVD that came with a complimentary Strat or LP to jam along with them on. At least an effects pedal.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I agree with Rhonda, Jess & Lou.

I suppose that I would like to see some more focus on each individual member. In fact let's be honest here. I guess I would like to see some rehearsal & soundcheck footage so I could have some In Charge stuff, like the Hole In The World DVD. If I could have that it might make up for the 'only seven songs' syndrome.

Julie, I love your new signature!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

What I would love to see is a composite DVD that spans the band's whole career with rare live footage from concerts from all eras and commentary from the band. I would like to see it made as kind of an autobiographical documentary of the band narrated by the member in their own words.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I don't know who of you knows When in Rome from Genesis, there is an extra DVD of the rehearsals, interviews, finding the right stage and other stuff! This DVD runs for approx. 90 min. GREAT! I wished such a thing in the kind also from the Eagles!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)