Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

Default Re: What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    What I would love to see is a composite DVD that spans the band's whole career with rare live footage from concerts from all eras and commentary from the band. I would like to see it made as kind of an autobiographical documentary of the band narrated by the member in their own words.
    Wow, that's a GREAT idea. Yes please!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I want an inside look at Timothy B Schmit's dressing room.

Seriously, I like a lot of your ideas. I'm with Troub, I really like the candid, funny stuff. Show they are normal and not all serious all the time. More "behind the scenes" stuff would be great. I love the idea Koala posted. A double dvd with it ALL would be wonderful!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Behind-the-scenes stuff works for me, too!

I think a collection of live material over the years should be sold and packaged separately, though - a 2 DVD set of its own!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    LOL, Jess.

I know this might be wishful thinking, but I'd just love to see more casual, improvised stuff... The "whose guitar is this?" part from Farewell 1 is one of my favourite bits ever. It's so funny, and it shows how the guys interact... Joe's gentle teasing of Don. It's so friggin' cute! I also love the interview with Glenn and Joe. Hilarious. I'd just love to see more funny outtakes, behind the scenes snippets... sound checks, the guys messing around and being "normal". They've all got great senses of humour, contrary to popular belief - I wish they'd allow them to be shown more.
    I'm with you on this T. I never fail to laugh at the 'whose guitar is this' bit and the interview with Joe and Glenn. Would love to see some outtakes and more behind the scenes stuff.

If TBF has chosen the inside look of Tim's dressing room, I'll take Don's (with him in it of course

I'm also liking the 2 DVD set of material over the years.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow. How I wish for all of this stuff. Anything, really.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The stories behind writing some of the songs... oh and maybe clear up a few questions over some of the lyrics that we've all debated

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'd love any of the suggestions that everybody has made too. Everything has a place and with the technology thats available now its all very doable. I think though if I'd to pick one thing (apart from an inside seat in Glenn s dressing room ) I would go for the spontaneous impromptu stuff that goes on before and after a gig. Like the 'Whose guitar is this?' footage that Lou has mentioned or some of the 'preamble' stuff on the HFO dvd. (Like the 'hope I'm wicha all night' bit) More of the interactions between the guys and the humourous quips that I'm sure they make. I love stuff that shows us that they have a human side to themselves as well as a professional one.

But whatever is on it I would LOVE a new DVD!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm with everybody else. I want to see them talking (joking, laughing) with each other. I want interaction. Are you guys reading this?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I'm with everybody else. I want to see them talking (joking, laughing) with each other. I want interaction. Are you guys reading this?

and this part originally posted by WalshFan88

Also, about a new DVD (not to go too off topic but I wanted to mention this):

I would REALLY like it if there were some special features that really highlight the band backstage. And I would DIE for a "Gear Tour" of all of the guys' guitars, amps, pedals, mics, drums, basses, whatever. Especially Joe but it would be nice to see all of them. I would totally die and go to heaven if they did a video tour of Joe's guitar rig and he demonstrates it. For a gearhead like me that would be heaven. There is really no video out there of Joe or even his tech (Mark Reis) doing a rundown of his gear. I want to see it! Also some "Circle Of Fear" footage wouldn't hurt along with maybe some other backstage footage. Also I think it'd be cool if they did more interviews with each guy, INCLUDING Stu. I've never heard Stu speak or be interviewed before. Really the only video right now about Joe's guitars out there is the famous Carvin ad.

Sorry but I had to get that out there since FP brought up the fact about they haven't made a new DVD. I wanted to get that out there in case the Eagles are reading this (Ha! Wishful thinking....) and they could use my ideas!
    I have brought Austin's post over here from the "Best of F1" thread since it's relevant to this one too (hope that's okay).

I had been thinking about all their gear, I'd be fascinated to see just how much they have and how it all gets organised/labelled etc so that they get the guitar they need for the song they want it for.

I love all the interaction stuff too.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I'd also really love some downloads: wallpapers / screensavers / new photos...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne