Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

You're so welcome Nancy . After Glenn photography is my other big passion, so it was great to be a le to combine both over the last week. Unfortunately with the kiddies off this weekend, and deserving of some 'Mummy time' I havent had time to do anything with my pictures yet.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Looking forward to seeing your photos when you get a moment, GA! Glad the kids are happy to have you home.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Mine didn't turn out that great either - it was GA who took that photo (thank you so much GA)!
    Thanks, GA! Looking forward to seeing your other pics once you get the chance. I'm sure the kids want most of your time after yout being away. Did they enjoy the "pressies" you brought them?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh they loved than thanks Ann, I uploaded them to Photobucket but with school term already started and getting ready (and meeting) our new au pair for the year, I haven't had a chance to post them.

I'll get them up ASAP!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

After Soda's comment in the "Don the Guitar Man" thread (sorry I don't know how to pick up a quote from another thread), I would like to see something about how they adjust the volumes in the mix for onstage (and for recordings). Some of it would be pretty obvious - lead vocalist gets turned up! - but some might be a surprise. Does it/How does it change during a song? How do they test sound levels (and lighting, come to think of it) at each venue... this could go along with the guitar tech set up stuff I mentioned earlier.

I'm guessing they have to adapt every night to each member's voice, too.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    After Soda's comment in the "Don the Guitar Man" thread (sorry I don't know how to pick up a quote from another thread), I would like to see something about how they adjust the volumes in the mix for onstage (and for recordings). Some of it would be pretty obvious - lead vocalist gets turned up! - but some might be a surprise. Does it/How does it change during a song? How do they test sound levels (and lighting, come to think of it) at each venue... this could go along with the guitar tech set up stuff I mentioned earlier.

I'm guessing they have to adapt every night to each member's voice, too.
    The problem with that is they would probably think that sort of topic would be too technical for most fans. Also it's more a question for the sound technicians than the band members, I would have thought.

I'd personally like to see a bit of the technical stuff too, but not too much that it gets boring. I would also love to see just behind the scenes stuff where all the guys are more laid-back - we don't get to see them like that often.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Along with what EK and Tori say, I think it would be interesting to get an overview of everything that's involved in putting a show together from booking a venue until the final load of equipment is removed from the venue. All that "behind the scenes" stuff that shows how much work is involved may give us a better appreciation of the effort that goes into putting on a single show. I wouldn't want an entire documentary on this, but a bonus feature on the DVD may be very interesting.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Along with what EK and Tori say, I think it would be interesting to get an overview of everything that's involved in putting a show together from booking a venue until the final load of equipment is removed from the venue. All that "behind the scenes" stuff that shows how much work is involved may give us a better appreciation of the effort that goes into putting on a single show. I wouldn't want an entire documentary on this, but a bonus feature on the DVD may be very interesting.
    I'd love to see that type of thing included, and I like your idea of it being a bonus feature. It's there for those who like that stuff, but won't bore those who don't.

Arrow Re: What extras would you like if there's a new DVD?

I've said this before, but anyone who likes Paul McCartney should have his Back In the U.S. dvd. Believe me, this is the kind of stuff we want from the Eagles - live concert footage surrounded by scenes of all of the trucks going down the highway, setting up the stage and light show, rehearsals, Paul interacting with fans and crew members - the works! It's edited so well. It's not just him performing one song after another with bonus stuff afterwards. It's all broken up. It really makes it enjoyable to watch. I sure hope the Eagles put out something similar.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.