Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A video interview with Joe's guitar tech

Default Re: A video interview with Joe's guitar tech

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    You definitely got my blessin' Austin. Me, well, I think I'll collect dust. I can afford that <LOL>
    And even if I don't have their amount of guitars, I promise you and swear on my life it'll be in the hundreds! Because last year I got 6 or 7 and this year I have plans to get at least that many. I see myself at least getting into the hundred range.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Cool find, Austin!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Cool find, Austin!
    Thanks!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Mark claims that Joe plays all 28 guitars during the course of a three hour show. Granted, I don't pay that much attention, but come on - 28??!!?? Next time I'm going to count them!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Mark claims that Joe plays all 28 guitars during the course of a three hour show. Granted, I don't pay that much attention, but come on - 28??!!?? Next time I'm going to count them!

I do know he makes a LOT of guitar changes and that he changes frequently. But I don't think it's quite that many. Probably has 28 so he doesn't play the same guitars every night, he can mix it up. Has certain ones that will work on certain songs. More than one option for every song. But IDK about 28. Maybe.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Most guitarists have guitars set up identical to crucial instruments that are readily accessible in case something disastrous happens to his main axe. So some of those 28 are bound to be backups.

MikeA

Most guitarists have guitars set up identical to crucial instruments that are readily accessible in case something disastrous happens to his main axe. So some of those 28 are bound to be backups.
    Bingo!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

I think that you, as our resident git expert, needs to find out ASAP. This is something very important that needs to be verifiedjk
    LOL only way I can do that is do go to a show, and seeing they aren't in the US right now touring, that's not possible!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Reminds me of a BB King concert I went to back in the early 90's. He was playing at Century II in Wichita I think. Anyway, first he broke an "e" string during a song. He didn't do like Clapton who was known for breaking strings and making the band continue vamping until he could get a new one strung and tuned before resumming. The crowd would clap slowly resulting in the nickname "Slow Hand".

No, B.B. King kept right on with his solo after breaking the string....he just changed positions on his Lucille and played it on the "B" string!

Then a bit later in the show, his Fender Amp blew up! He didn't repair that like the broken string. He just took the amp his rhythm player used and the rhythm player had some backup amp that was different than the one he normally played through.

"It Happens". And never more so than when playing live.

MikeA

Reminds me of a BB King concert I went to back in the early 90's. He was playing at Century II in Wichita I think. Anyway, first he broke an "e" string during a song. He didn't do like Clapton who was known for breaking strings and making the band continue vamping until he could get a new one strung and tuned before resumming. The crowd would clap slowly resulting in the nickname "Slow Hand".

No, B.B. King kept right on with his solo after breaking the string....he just changed positions on his Lucille and played it on the "B" string!

Then a bit later in the show, his Fender Amp blew up! He didn't repair that like the broken string. He just took the amp his rhythm player used and the rhythm player had some backup amp that was different than the one he normally played through.

"It Happens". And never more so than when playing live.
    Definitely. I bring (or should I say brought, now) 7 guitars to every show.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger