Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: American Idol 2011

Default Re: American Idol 2011

I'm glad he's returning, I really enjoyed him on the show!

As some of you know from my facebook, my sister, niece, and I went to the Idol concert in Minneapolis last week. It was AWESOME!!

Pia was very good vocally but has no stage presence. Still, she's so amazing vocally that it overshadows that. lol She sang her new song and the "New York" song.....by Alicia Keys is it? Not sure. She opened the show.

Stefano and Pia did a song called "California King Beds" together that was by far the best of the night. I thought she would REALLY overpower him but I have to say, he was the suprise of the night! He has grown so much since the show! He's completely comfortable on stage, his voice is strong, and he sings harmony VERY well! He also sang Bruno Mars "Grenade" and the Usher song about DJ got us dancing all night long or something. lol

Paul was so much fun...he makes me smile just from watching him smile. lol The only song I really remember him singing is Maggie Mae but I'm sure had sang another one. Him and Stefano were the first ones to really get the crowd into it.

Casey was fantastic....I just love him. He sang Rob Thomas/Santana's "Smooth" and started with just him and his upright bass. After the first chorus the whole band joined in and it was great! He also did the Maroon 5 song that he did on the show and the jazz song that he did with Haley. His growls didn't seem as annoying in person. :P The crowd loved him!

James had the coolest entrance because he came in from the back and walked through the crowd with security. However he had the WORST outfit! lol He probably could have done without the MAJOR smudged eyeliner too. lol He looked like he had two black eyes! He was spot on though! He did "Sweet Child O'Mine" and Muse's "Uprising." He sounded just like Axl Rose on his cover of GNR's song and really rocked the second one too! He's obviously a complete natural.

Jacob failed miserable at his first song honestly. Was off for most of it and tried hitting the really high notes but those were off too. His second song was great though!

Haley was AWESOME! Her voice live is absolutely stunning, it really is. She is another one that is a complete natural on stage! She started acapella on "House of the Rising Sun" and also did "Benny and the Jets," which the crowd LOVED!

Naima was actually pretty good too and holy cow is she in shape! Pretty sure she had a six pack....at least it looked like it from where we were at. lol! She sang that Jennifer Lopez song that debuted on the show.

Thia sounded really good but it was really obvious that she's so young. She just didn't have any stage presence, but then again....neither did Pia and she's older. Unfortunately I don't remember at ALL what Thia sang. lol But she's good at harmony! Her, Stefano, Haley, and Pia were singing backup for the other Idols all night.

Lauren was honestly the most disappointing for me, pretty much because I was really expecting her to be amazing. I think I always expect her to sound like she did on her audition with the Steven Tyler song and she just never sounds the same. It's not that she did bad, because she didn't at all! She sang Carrie Underwood's Flat On The Floor, her own single Like My Mother Does, and The Band Perry's If I Die Young. She did good on all three, but then her and Scotty did "When You Say Nothing At All" and she completely butchered her harmony parts. It was bad! She's likeable though!

Scotty....what can I say about Scotty. The screams were absolutely DEAFENING! Wanna guess what he came out singing? That's right...."baby lock them doors and turn the lights down low." haha He was very good though! Very smooth and spot on. I was kind of suprised!

Over all it was a fantastic show! I love going to this every year! You're always suprised by how good everyone is live and which ones really stand out. For me, if I were to rank the standout's, they would by far be Haley, Stefano, Pia, Casey, James, and Paul.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: American Idol 2011

Sounds like you had a great time Maleah! Thanks for the review!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten