Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles on Guitar

Out on the Border

Default Eagles on Guitar

Hey, just a bit of a fun topic.

I was just wondering of there are any of you out there who play guitar (acoustic or electric) and if so what Eagles songs do you play?

I have been playing acoustic on and off now for about a year. I tend to play Peaceful Easy Feeling, Tequila Sunrise, Take it Easy, Take it to the Limit, Lyin Eyes.
    I can play the opening part of 'Love will keep us alive' on a good day too
    The next ones on my list to learn are 'Best of My Love', 'New Kid in Town' and how i would love to play Hotel California but i am way off that standard LOL.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles on Guitar

Well CJ, Austin (WalshFan8 and Mike (MikeA) will be all over this if they see it. There are a couple of threads in Cheap Wine that you will be interested in called Gearhead and Soundbyte. Check them out. Those guys love talking about their guitars.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

And also GlennsAllnighter and Ticky both like to play. Who else...?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yup--I actually think we have several Borderers that play.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Welcome CJHill.

I "Play". "Play" by definition is having "fun". So I really should be saying "I have fun with Guitars". And you don't have to be Joe Walsh or Don Felder or Glenn Frey to have fun!

My interests are more with electric guitars though I do have an acoustic. In fact up until a few years ago, acoustics were all that I'd owned. Mine is currently a Seagull S6 with a passive pickup that allowed me to plug into a PA system and strum so that it could be heard.

But these days, I mostly play a Telecaster, a Les Paul, or an Epiphone Sheraton II.

Mostly, I play scales instead of specific songs. I'll record a rhythm loop in an 8-barre or 12-Barre Blues scale and then just improvise over it. It floats my boat <LOL>.

I'll let Austin speak for himself...but if you want to talk about covering Eagles songs, you certainly lucked into the right place with Austin being here. Check out the Members Sound Bytes thread. Austin has links to home videos he's made that show details on various songs....Eagles songs mostly.

"Gearhead"....that's where we talk about our guitars or ones we'd like to have as well as amplifiers and stomp boxes.

There is another thread called "DAW Digital Audio Workstations" if you are interested in using your computer to record what you play or sing.

WELCOME CJ.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me as well, cj. Glad you found us and, as you can see, there are several musicians here on The Border. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. I can hardly play a note on any instrument, but I'm very envious of those of you can. I guess my role is to be the listener.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

thanks for the welcome, its great to be here!
    Great atmoshphere here i must say, i have been on some other music related forums where everyone spends the whole time bitching at each other about stupid things.

Not saying that i play guitar well but i do try. I just do it for a bit of fun really, i dont have enough time to take it up seriously so just pick it up every now and again but its good fun.

Hello cjhill!

I'm the "Austin" everyone is referring to!

As far as Eagles songs on guitar, I play "Take it Easy" or "Hotel California" a lot on acoustic when playing by myself and "Already Gone" a lot on electric when just playing alone. I played in an Eagles tribute for almost 3 years but this year we broke up due to a lot of people being very busy (bass player getting ready for a baby, other guitarist opening a store, drummer onto another project, etc) but I hope we can play again in a year or two. In that band we did pretty much all of the Eagles hits and some lesser-played songs like "Get Over It" and such.

Mike is right - I do have some videos on the Soundbytes thread but unfortunately most of them got taken down because I exceeded the size limit for the free photobucket on how many megabytes I could put up. But fortunately one of my friends on here copied them to their pro photobucket account so if there is a certain song you'd like to see me play or something, I can link to it in that thread!

The Gearhead thread is perfect for those that salivate when looking at guitars, amps, stompboxes, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING musical gear. We also talk about technology and computers occasionally too and how the two go together. Also Mike has a thread all about digital recording and such so you should check that out too!

I'm a guitarist and a geek, and so I'm a guitar geek (my nickname here is OGG which stands for Official Guitar Geek) and Resident Guitar Expert in my signature is a title I came up for myself! But I love talking guitars, gear, and tech!

Oh also, as far as my favorite song I played in my tribute (the funnest song for me), would be "Already Gone". I sang that one and played the lead bits Glenn did in the earlier days. It's a great song. The other guitarist played the Felder parts. It's a fun song and the only break up song I know of that is positive and uplifting, LOL!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Oh also, as far as my favorite song I played in my tribute (the funnest song for me), would be "Already Gone". I sang that one and played the lead bits Glenn did in the earlier days. It's a great song. The other guitarist played the Felder parts. It's a fun song and the only break up song I know of that is positive and uplifting, LOL!
    That's funny WF because I said almost the same thing about Jackson Browne's I'm Alive here!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...t=1692&page=60
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    That's funny WF because I said almost the same thing about Jackson Browne's I'm Alive here!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...t=1692&page=60
    Yeah there are very few positive ones. Most of them are very depressing and pessimistic or completely full of rage and hate LOL.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."