Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor

Default Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor

Time for our next Song Survivor! Our game this time will be Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the Non-Studio Album songs here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good! However, you do need to have been a member in good standing for at least three weeks before you are allowed to cast a vote.

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

We also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the end of the round, I ask a question related to the songs. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. You must include both your answer and the song you wish to be immune in your post in order for it to count. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

GAME OVER! CONGRATS TO

SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD!

Songs eliminated:
    Get You in the Mood 2/02
    Funky New Year 2/04
    All Night Long 2/06
    Please Come Home for Christmas 2/08
    Love Will Keep Us Alive 2/10
    The Girl from Yesterday 2/12
    One Day at a Time 2/14
    Hole in the World 2/16
    Learn to Be Still 2/18
    Get Over It 2/20
    Life's Been Good 2/22

Hope you enjoyed it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor

I cast my vote for Get You in the Mood.

There's a reason that it didn't make the first album. I think it's good to hear it just as a baseline representation to show how far Glenn has come as a songwriter - but it's on the bottom rung.

Stuck on the Border

You decided to include it in this game after all, Soda! I know it won't last long....

I re-read the previous game topic & while it probably will not be popular I must still vote for my least favourite of these songs. The band don't agree, as they persist in playing it while many superior songs (to me) are long gone from their setlist.

So I cast my vote for Love Will Keep Us Alive.

I vote for Get You In The Mood

I vote Get You in the Mood

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You decided to include it in this game after all, Soda! I know it won't last long....
    Yeah, I figured it wouldn't hurt to include it. You're right, though - if it makes it past his round, I'll be surprised.

I vote for the Girl From Yesterday.

Banned

Get you in the Mood.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well I agree that Get You In the Mood should go pretty early in the game, but to me. it's not the worst song here. As a matter of fact, I kind of like the 'moody' music in the song. I'm a bit surprised because I thought Funky New Year would be the first song eliminated here - poor thing doesn't have a lot going for it, unless you want to count repetition as a good thing. I'm gonna withhold my vote for now and see how this round plays out.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Get You In The Mood
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."