Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor

Okay - I can't buy the argument about how One Day At a Time should be considered more of an Eagles song than Life's Been Good. Life's Been Good has been in the setlist for almost every Eagles live show since it was released in 1978. It appears on their Eagles Live album and the F1 DVD. On the other hand, One Day At a Time was only in the Farewell 1 setlist briefly from 2004 - 2005. While it also appears on the F1 DVD, it was not released on Long Road Out of Eden. Joe has indicated that it will be released on his upcoming solo album.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well I didn't say it was necessarily a logical way of looking at it. Let me try to explain my thinking.

To me, when I hear Life's Been Good, I see Joe performing it way back when. I've heard and seen it so many times done by Joe only. I remember first hearing it on But Seriously Folks and loving it. It will always, always be a Joe song for me no matter how many times I see it performed with the Eagles. It started out a Joe song. Where as One Day At A Time, the first and only time I heard/saw it, was performed by the Eagles with Joe singing lead vocals. That's not to say a year from now after it's on Joe's solo album, without the Eagles backing him up, that I won't feel differently, but for now it's an Eagles song because I've not seen or heard it done any other way.

Does that make any sense at all? Probably not but it's perfectly logical to me.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Well Willie - that all that counts anyway, isn't it?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, this round is a mess! I'm still unsure what to vote for. I guess I'll stick with my list and one of these three with all the votes needs to go next.

I vote for Love Will Keep Us Alive. It's a lovely song and Tim sounds great, but it's my least favorite of the remaining.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Well I didn't say it was necessarily a logical way of looking at it. Let me try to explain my thinking.

To me, when I hear Life's Been Good, I see Joe performing it way back when. I've heard and seen it so many times done by Joe only. I remember first hearing it on But Seriously Folks and loving it. It will always, always be a Joe song for me no matter how many times I see it performed with the Eagles. It started out a Joe song. Where as One Day At A Time, the first and only time I heard/saw it, was performed by the Eagles with Joe singing lead vocals. That's not to say a year from now after it's on Joe's solo album, without the Eagles backing him up, that I won't feel differently, but for now it's an Eagles song because I've not seen or heard it done any other way.

I agree with that. That is exactly how I view the two songs. I'm one of the few people on this board who saw ODAAT & those harmonies just scream 'Eagles' at me.

As far as TGFY my heart said it should stay immune because it's Glenn's only remaining lead vocal in this game (I imagine my sentiments about this would be obvious) but my head said that it just isn't as good as a couple of the other songs. I'm glad I saw it live, though. I never saw GOI.

With these Survivor games I try not to think about all of that. My list is made as to how much I like the song, plain and simple.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I too thought GOI would be next to go... but since TGFY is back in play, that could be in danger. I'm one of the people that love TGFY. I think Glenn sounds amazing! I also don't hate country music, so that probaby helps. I remember listening to this song over and over past summer, because I couldn't take in enough of Glenn's voice. Not voting yet...
    I agree with you on this one, ltl. Love Glenn's voice on it. I will sometimes listen to it over & over as well. I also really like the lyrics. I'm not a fan of real country music, but TGFY has just the right amount of country for me. I'm going to withhold my vote for awhile too.

Glenn's voice is amazing on TGFY. Such passion!

I agree with TBF and FP about Life's Been Good. It may be played a lot at Eagles shows, but IMHO, that doesn't make it an Eagles song. By that definition, you could call Dirty Laundry and Boys of Summer "Eagles songs" too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

IMO, Life's Been Good is not an official Eagles song, but I associate it with the Eagles the most. I believe it is a great song, and needs to be in the game. Life's Been Good, to me, could have been an Eagles song anyway. JMO of course.

But I've just heard more (via YouTube and the time I saw them live) times of being played with the Eagles than solo. I consider it an Eagles song, but I agree it's not an official Eagles song. But IMO it deserves to stick around longer. I'm not disclosing which I want to win. But I'm going to keep trying to save LBG.

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    With these Survivor games I try not to think about all of that. My list is made as to how much I like the song, plain and simple.
    I agree with you there Cathy........and my feelings change day to day
    so i'm leaving my vote til tomorrow when i'll listen to them all again - then decide
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here