Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor

Default Re: Non-Studio Album Songs Survivor

Life's Been Good, All Night Long, Seven Bridges Road, Love will keep us alive, please come home for christmas

the girl from yesterday immune

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Life's Been Good is arguable, but Love Will Keep Us Alive was never released before the Eagles did it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

All Night Long is also arguable as it was on the Urban Cowboy soundtrack but was that released before Eagles Live? I based my answer on a belief that LWKUA had not in fact been recorded before the Eagles did even though they didn't write it. I would exempt both ANL & LBG on the basis that they were recorded first by Joe while he was a member of the Eagles (the same goes for In The City).

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Life's Been Good is arguable, but Love Will Keep Us Alive was never released before the Eagles did it.
    Okay. I wasn't sure about that one. I just listed it because I knew it was written by someone else.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

I vote for Please Come Home For Christmas

Stuck on the Border

So I'm not the only one who doesn't think PCHFC is all that wonderful... then I will vote for Please Come Home For Christmas & I apologise to the majority of you whom I know love the song.

Quote Originally Posted by whitcap View Post
    Okay. I wasn't sure about that one. I just listed it because I knew it was written by someone else.
    It's cool - I just didn't want you to think I was just ignoring your answer! If would have accepted LBG and ANL, but they weren't required since it's arguable about whether Joe's earlier work should be counted or not.

I'm glad that The Girl From Yesterday is immune. I love that song. I sincerely hope no-one else votes for Please Come Home For Christmas, though! I think it is a gorgeous song. Don's vocals make me melt. As always, very interesting to see what appeals to other people and what doesn't. I'm always surprised during these Survivor games!

I will stick with my previous choice, and vote for Funky New Year. I like it for what it is - a bit of fun - but is it a song that I'd listen to over and over? Nah.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I have never understood the 'trouble with the new man' line because it has nothing to do with the rest of the song & it makes me feel uneasy because if taken literally it appears to be referring to Tim. Maybe a new person has come to this amazing party & it is his turn for a 'hit'.
    No, no! The guy in the song has a REALLY BAD hangover, and he's remembering how the night before he felt like a new man after drinking from the liquor bottle they were passing around (you know how it is - people become different after drinking). However, even after he got drunk and became a "new man" he got even drunker (he still wanted a "hit" even after he got drunk)... hence his horrible hangover.

Stuck on the Border

Yes, I see how it relates to 'made me feel brand new' but I don't think it's very well expressed. As people have said it isn't one of their great lyrics.