Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seek Or Et

Default Seek Or Et

The Big Secret

First, anyone who doesn't know that Moderators have deep dark backrooms where all sorts of conspiracy things take place and innocent members are dissected and condemned are very innocent indeed.

I'm only glad that I myself don't have to deal with it here on The Border. I'm FREE to roam the forum threads with complete abandon, stirring up trouble everwhere I go! It is not often that a member of the weaker sex gets to do that with immunity as long as a little discretion and a lot of "I'm Sorries" are used.

Okay, all that was BS. Not the part of being glad that I don't have to deal with it. I'm glad about that <LOL> But I've seen a few times when I wanted to kick someone's A$$ out of the forum myself. As for the thread in question, I was offended by the first post "new member" made and decided to ignore them. Felt a little bad about it too because I'm on here about as much as anyone else and usually do welcome "new members". Something about RAP turned me off <LOL>

BTW, I've moderated many forums. One on Astronomy that was on the GEnie National BBS system that just about every Astronomer in the country was on. Now if you want to have a challenge, get involved with a bunch of freakin' eggheads who each think (and some with REASON) that they are the worlds expert. I actually got PHONE CALLS in the middle of the night from other Moderators about something that had sprung up on the forum overnight!

Now, as for the backroom debates, you ladies go right ahead. You'll get no criticism from me. If you want to burn me in effigy because I rub you the wrong way, go right ahead....as long as you allow me to keep "rubbing".

MikeA

Default Re: Seek Or Et

Mike, I think I might love you.

Without wishing to sound like a sycophant, I agree that the Mods here do a fantastic job. They make tough decisions with tact and sensitivity. We're lucky to have 'em!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I agree with you 2----The moderators do a fabulous job here making it a very pleasant place to come to every day. There are rules on message boards for a reason and I don't think it's out of line to believe people can and should abide by them. I, for one, am extremely glad they are in place to weed out the bad apples.

It's really quite pitiful when some here have been accused of having no life because we are on this board so much. But yet these "new members" keep popping up. Seems to me someone must be spending valuable time coming up with these.

Moderators---moderate away!!! Keep up the good work!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I posted above before exactly knowing what it was all about. Just read "The Big Secret Thread". First let me say thanks Nancy for doing that because you sure didn't have to. We all know (probably) that there is an existing thread that you guys deal with board issues on. It's for your eyes only, the way it should be. My question is tho--how did Person A get into that thread? Were we hacked? If so--that's really scary that someone would feel that that thread is that important and secretive. Big issues there if you ask me.

Like I've said before, I appreciate the fact that you have rules and regulations and that troublemakers are dealt with promptly and properly. It's a message board and shouldn't be full of drama. Members should not have to be greeted by PMs calling them names and saying what the sender thought would be hurtful things (which in reality were just annoying and pathetic) from other members, just because they may not have appreciated getting called out on about something nasty they posted in a thread or because they feel vengeful towards moderators just doing their jobs.

I will continue to wonder why someone joins a message board just to stir up controversy. That makes no sense to me. A person who does that must have something lacking in their lives if that's what it takes to give them satisfaction or a thrill. Pretty pathetic for sure.

Again thank you to ALL the moderators for keeping this such a pleasant place to come to.

Oh NO Willie....

WE gotta have drama!

And I personally really enjoy a good ole CAT FIGHT with name calling and claws barred!. Well, maybe not the name-calling. Hissing and growling is fine. But I do like to see them based on honest differences of opinion and not something contrived to generate hate and discontent.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Oh NO Willie....

WE gotta have drama!

And I personally really enjoy a good ole CAT FIGHT with name calling and claws barred!. Well, maybe not the name-calling. Hissing and growling is fine. But I do like to see them based on honest differences of opinion and not something contrived to generate hate and discontent.
    Totally agree. Example---I like to freckle count and you don't. But do I tell you you're wrong to not freckle count? No--I just think it and wouldn't think of airing it on this board for all to see!

But Willie, I DO like to count freckles....It is just the Freckles' background toward which we are cross-eyed!

MikeA

First, I'd like to commend the Moderators on the great job that they do. I believe that they give newcomers the benefit of the doubt & allow them to post, but the "Mods" are quick to realize who the troublmakers are & block them from the board before thaty cause too much trouble. They ensure that "on The Border" is a very pleasant place to be. And, their service as moderators is completely voluntary. My hat is off to you!

As several others did, I too felt that there was something fishy about "Person A" & therefore did not post in the thread. "Person A' was given a fair chance, as are all posters, but was removed when "Person A" broke the rules & disrupted things on The Border. We Borderers have been accused of dissing new posters if they say anything negative about any member of our beloved Eagles. This is not true. We welcome legitimate opinions & respect posters right to these opinions. However, we draw the line when the posts become nasty, crude and/or insulting to the members or the Eagles. I's great to be "on The Border"!

Thank you again, Moderators, for all you do . It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Oh, and Mike, we love you!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

WE HAVE A SECRET MODERATOR THREAD?????? shocked!!
    (Im picturing Nancy behind an enormous desk, dressed all in white holding a big fuzzy white cat and laughing evilly)

Nahh, look, ya do whatcha gotta do to make this place what it is, the best fan site on the internet... and I mean all of you! Some people dont get it. Maybe someday they will, maybe not. There have been so many fan sites that have been shut down or havent worked because of BS like this. Nancy and ALLL MODERATORS... you're doing a bang up job! keep up the great work! (and dont let Mike fool ya'll, he freckle counts... just different freckles *G*)

Well, to be honest, there is a LOT more opportunity for ME to freckle count than any of you ladies here. I mean, what do you have as subjects? "Seven" freakin' Eagles (if you count Stu and then there's Scot so that makes a whoppin' EIGHT).

Me, shoot, How many of YOU are there anyway! And there's always the guitars.

MikeA