Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adele

Default Re: Adele Vevo

'Someone like you' has made UK chart history by jumping 46 places yesterday to claim the number one spot after her live performance of it at the Brits.

On top of that she has the number one album here with 21 and the album 19 is at number 4.

The Official Charts Company said she was the first living artist to simultaneously score two top five hits in both the UK singles and albums charts since The Beatles.
    Last edited by Annabel; 02-22-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    Melanie

She was on Letterman last night singing "Rollin' In The Deep". Did a great job on it too.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

And this is what I get for never watching television! As I said earlier, I have never even heard of her until Mike started this thread. She has an incredible set of chops, that's for sure. This board seems to be where I get all of my entertainment news lately.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Adele

I knew there was an Adele thread on here somewhere! GUYS.....I finally got to see her live last Wednesday (5th row) and she was absolutely FLAWLESS. Seriously. Not in a way that would question whether she was singing live or not, she was definitely live, but that voice....wow. I don't think I've ever gone to a concert where someone just commanded an entire arena's attention with their voice alone. I felt like I was experiencing what it must have felt like to see Whitney Houston at her height of her career. I just cannot find enough words to describe how incredible she was. AND she's absolutely hilarious....she's very self deprecating and sarcastic. Which is definitely the type of humor I relate to the most. lol She was also the most engaging artist with fans that I've ever seen. She would have conversations with people from the stage, pull people up on stage to take pictures with her, sing happy birthday to someone, go around the entire circle of her smaller stage and crouch down so people could take a "selfie" with her behind them. I don't know if I can ever top that experience. She is no longer just one of my favorites, but by far my favorite female vocalist of all time. Honestly maybe even just my favorite period. I left the show wanting to be best friends with her. If every single US show wasn't sold out, I would have considered traveling somewhere else to see her....she was just that good.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I didn't know we had a thread for Adele. I love her and her voice is amazing!!! Super jealous you got to see her Maleah. LOL One of my close friends got tickets to her upcoming Nashville show and it was so hard for her to get them. I've watched Adele's TV concert specials and loved them. She really does have a great sense of humor.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It's great to hear from you again, Maleah. Hope you've been doing well and so glad you posted about your show. There's no question, Adele is an incredibly talented lady. I was first introduced to her right here in this thread.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Adele is pretty damned amazing. I really tried to get tickets to see her in concert. Effing difficult as hell. I had an easier time getting Hamilton tickets !!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great to hear from you again, Maleah!

So glad you got to see Adele. I think she's amazing too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Glad you had such a good time, Maleah!

My friend Tiffany wants me to go to the Nashville show with her. It appears to be sold out, but I told her if she was able to find tickets, I'd go. It sounds wonderful!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks everyone! I try to pop in and out every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glad you had such a good time, Maleah!

My friend Tiffany wants me to go to the Nashville show with her. It appears to be sold out, but I told her if she was able to find tickets, I'd go. It sounds wonderful!
    Yeah every show on her tour is sold out, otherwise I would have considered making the trip to Chicago to see her again! lol However, the first night in St. Paul (opening night of the US leg of the tour) had a really bad storm so ticket scalpers were having to actually sell their tickets for face value just so they could get out of the storm. lol Some lucky people got front row seats out of that! I really hope you guys can get tickets because it is an incredible experience!