Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOLY CRAP! A video for River of Dreams!!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Oh, this is so sweet with your parents, Soda.
    To be honest I give up hoping for a lifelong relationship. Many of my friends are having a lot of problems. As for me I'm rather alone than having a bad and unharmonious relationship.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I couldn't agree more, EF. I decided that after all the years it took me to gain my self-esteem and independence that I have no reason to give it up now. After several failed relationships and broken hearts, I am now very happy with my life.

I'm single by choice. I've been dating my SO for over 4 years now. Although he is a wonderful man and my best friend, I am not interested in getting married. At least, that's how I feel now, but I've also learned to never say never. I'm not against marriage - I'm just against marriage for me. I say congrats to all of those who have managed to find happiness, no matter what form it takes. And best of luck to those who are still searching for it.

One thing I believe is that ultimately happiness comes from within yourself. It's a pretty big burden to lay on someone else if you try to make them responsible for your happiness. As I always say "it's a full-time job just being me."

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Amen, ladies. I say, better single than settling. I ended my last relationship not because he was a bad guy, but because I didn't love him enough to marry him. I figure, if I can't find someone I love passionately and totally, I'm not going to get married either. I'm never going to be one of those women who winds up with a man they don't feel strongly about or, worse yet, gets so desperate for a man that they wind up with a real loser. Better alone than that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Again - I agree Soda. Particularly since, according to this video, Mr. Perfect is already spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I couldn't agree more, EF. I decided that after all the years it took me to gain my self-esteem and independence that I have no reason to give it up now. After several failed relationships and broken hearts, I am now very happy with my life.

I'm single by choice. I've been dating my SO for over 4 years now. Although he is a wonderful man and my best friend, I am not interested in getting married. At least, that's how I feel now, but I've also learned to never say never. I'm not against marriage - I'm just against marriage for me. I say congrats to all of those who have managed to find happiness, no matter what form it takes. And best of luck to those who are still searching for it.

One thing I believe is that ultimately happiness comes from within yourself. It's a pretty big burden to lay on someone else if you try to make them responsible for your happiness. As I always say "it's a full-time job just being me."
    I totally agree with all what you've said, Dreamer. I couldn't have said it better.

I know it's not the right place to post it but since we talked about relationships I hope you will forgive me.

Can you imagine I'm fond of my boss or rather my ex-boss? He left our department 3 months ago. I've never seen the man in him always the boss. And now I think he's really hot. Always when he comes here to attend meetings or I see him in our canteen I get really nervous. This is crazy. He is married and has three kids. But I don't know further particulars if he's happily married or so. And I don't know if he already noticed my changed manner.
    Last week he came into our office and asked for a coffee. While he was waiting for it we talked for a while and then he smiled at me and said: Oh, did you changed your hair color?
    Holy crap, I didn't know what I should say. I answered something I don't know what is was. Shortly after that he left our office.
    To be honest I don't know what I can do. That man makes me crazy.

If I were you, I would try very hard not to think about him in "that way." Married men = hands off! Yes, many of us have crushes on married Eagles, but that's fantasy. If you have a real-life situation, it's another matter.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I know, I know, I know.

I agree with Soda. EF, try to forget about this guy. It seems to me that getting involved in that kind of situation is almost surely a formula for disappointment and heartache.

Gushing over married Eagles, on the other hand, is pretty harmless since we know it's not real life.

Don't worry ladies, I will control myself. But I must admit workdays are more exciting now.