Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan experiences major earthquake and tsunami

Default Japan experiences major earthquake and tsunami

One of my friends who happens to be an insomniac like me just sent me this news:

Major Earthquake, Tsunami Hit Japan

I'm watching CNN now and the footage looks very frightening.

And yes, it did occur to me that the guys were just there.

I'm praying for the people who are affected by this disaster.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Japan experiences major earthquake and tsunami

I'm just watching this on the news here. Dreadful images being shown. The Tsunami warning has been widened to the whole pacific area now.

My thoughts go to all those affected by this.
    Melanie

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes! I've seen that too. Terrifying pictures and video footage coming in from Japan at the moment. And I must admit, when I heard what had happened I immediately thought of our boys.

Of course my sympathies go to any Japanese people who have been bereaved, injured or have had their homes damaged in this.

Insomniac Nancy! You posted that at 8am in my little world where we were all just heading out to work/school!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

My Kiwi friend has just posted this site on her FB. Zoom into Japan.

http://www.hewsweb.org/seismic/
    Melanie

It is Saturday night over there and the boys were to be doing a show in Beijing, China (considerably west of Northern Japan and slightly INland from the ocean) so let's hope and pray that they didn't even experience a slight rumble. Looking at a map and seeing how open the waters are, let's all pray that the mainland of China is safe and pray even more that Hawaii and our West Coast are spared.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

My first thoughts this morning when I heard about this were, where are our guys! I couldn't remember at first and was worried they were in Japan. Thankfully, they are in China.

My heart goes out to all affected and hopefully all on the west coast will be ok.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I've been searching the Beijing newspapers that are online at thepaperboy.com and am finding no mention of the concert lastnight. The GOOD news is that I'm also NOT finding anything to indicate there has been any backlash from the quake/tsunami on the mainland. It will be interesting to follow the news today ... Hawaii is already seeing 8' waves in places according to reports I've seen on CNN and they're predicting 3-8' in places along the West Coast.

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    I've been searching the Beijing newspapers that are online at thepaperboy.com and am finding no mention of the concert lastnight. The GOOD news is that I'm also NOT finding anything to indicate there has been any backlash from the quake/tsunami on the mainland. It will be interesting to follow the news today ... Hawaii is already seeing 8' waves in places according to reports I've seen on CNN and they're predicting 3-8' in places along the West Coast.
    And our guys are supposed to be in South Korea on the 15th and Hong Kong on the 18th.
    Considering the relative nearness (quite near in the case of South Korea) not the best of places to be within the next week.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - Mother Nature strikes again! What a horrible tragedy. I was seeing where this was the 5th strongest earthquake ever recorded - registered at 8.9. My thoughts are with the victims, and we can only hope that any further devastation is minimal.

I'm guessing the situation is being closely monitored and, hopefully, the band is in no eminent danger. Still can't help but be a little nervous though.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Latest updates on CNN around 9:15 a.m. (Pacific time) is that it now appears our West Coast may be spared any major impact. It had been expected the tsunami would make landfall by now and instead everything is relatively calm and 'normal'. In fact, they said one of the Catalina Island ferries departed on schedule from Seal Beach! It appears that the direction has shifted southward but they also caution that they aren't out of the woods just yet. I'm still not finding any reports that mainland China or the Korean coastal areas have experienced any problems. Based on explanations I've heard, if either of those places was going to be hit, it would have happened hours ago because of their close proximity to Japan. I would imagine if the band and their entourage were in any danger, they would be evacuated and the shows in Seoul & Hong Kong rescheduled.

Victim of Love