Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Japan experiences major earthquake and tsunami

Default Re: Japan experiences major earthquake and tsunami

I saw something on one of the Disaster Sensation "news" shows yesterday that disturbed me (as if the whole epic incident DIDN'T!) The thought is entirely pessimistic now with the Reactors. They fear the worst case is happening and that Plutonium is exposed now. A single grain-sized particle of it can cause lung cancer! The radiation level of the water around the reactor (OUTSIDE IT) is 10,000 times greater than normal.

MikeA

I've been looking up info and while disaster sites are a bit too quick on the trigger to call things "worst case" there is no doubting that the radiation level you cited is dangerous. I just hope things don't get worse.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by tequila girl View Post
    That is a truly shocking Video, if not the same one it's very similar to what they kept playing on the news here......absolutely horrific
    A lot of that video was shown on Sky News at the time it happened and then gradually after as further footage came in. The way the water swallowed everything up was sort of eerie. Horrid to watch people trying to flee it and not know their outcome too.
    Melanie

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

It was indeed. It makes one realise that a 'bad day' isn't really one at all when compared to this! I've heard that the Japanese are showing remarkable perseverence and resiliance in the aftermath. But I wonder how much longer they can continue to show such restraint in the absence of basics such as water, food and shelter.

I believe radiation has been detected in water in Scotland. Allegedly the levels are so low that they are not a danger, but it shows this has the potential to spread right around the world.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Heard on the radio this morning that some has been detected in American now too. Washington DC I believe, (wasn't totally awake.) Again very low but like you say it shows it can get anywhere.
    Melanie